Cass Business School Dubai
||Cass Business School Dubai
||Ehsan Razavizadeh (Head of Dubai Office)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|University location / area
||DIFC Gate Village, building 2, level 3 - location map
||PO Box 74777, Dubai, UAE
||www.cass.city.ac.uk (new window)
||90,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Comments about Cass Business School Dubai
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
24 August 2010 - Cass Middle East Scholarships
- Cass Business School at Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) campus has announced they will offer a new Middle Eastern scholarship fund for students doing the Cass Executive MBA (EMBA) offered at DIFC.
- Ehsan Razavizadeh, Cass Regional Director
for the MENA region said "The fund is in line with Sir John Cass' philanthropic vision to support ambitious students who may be without financial means, and the scholarship will be funded by individuals and companies in the GCC region. Cass is encouraging local business leaders to come together to support the opportunity to help nurture rising local business stars,"
- Details of how much, how many, how long, etc were not supplied in the press release.
- Other available Cass Dubai scholarships include:
- DIFC Scholarship for the Cass Executive MBA in Islamic Finance - two full sets of fees provided, divided into partial funding for 6-8 students.
- Cass Studentship for about 15 EMBA students, partial funding in exchange for students acting as ambassadors for the Cass Business School.
08 May 2009
- Professor Roy Batchelor is the Cass Executive MBA Dubai Academic Course Director, based in London (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Ehsan Razavizadeh, previous course director (email email@example.com) is still the head and representative of Cass Business School for the region, and is based at DIFC in Dubai.
08 April 2009
- Cass Business School Dubai is part of the DIFC Education Centre where you can get an Executive MBA (EMBA) from one of several institutes. Cass Business School in London is part of the City University London.
- The Cass Executive MBA consists of 3 components:
- 12 core modules which all students complete
- Elective modules with students specialising in one of 3 streams: Energy, General, or Islamic Finance (students complete 3 modules for their choice - only the General elective has more than 3 options).
- The Business Mastery Project - putting theory into practice
- The Cass Dubai EMBA takes 2 years. Students attend a workshop once a month (held over a weekend) at the DIFC, and are assessed by exams and coursework for the core modules, and by coursework only for the elective modules.
- Core modules for the CASS EMBA are:
- Accounting Principles (including financial and managerial)
- Business Strategy
- Business Information Management
- Business Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Principles of Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Islamic Finance modules are:
- Islamic Economics
- Islamic Law of Business Transactions
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Energy Modules are:
- Energy Derivatives and Risk Management
- Oil and Energy Economics and Trading
- Oil and Energy Transpotation and Logistics
- General Elective modules are (or students can choose any from the Islamic or Finance electives):
- Applied Corporate Finance 1
- Business Dynamics
- Global Strategic Marketing
- Investments and Derivatives
- International Symposium
- Law for International Business
- Managerial Decision Making
- Management of Change
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Risk Management
- Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation
- Total course fees are
£29,500 or £14,750 per year (about AED 175,000 depending on exchange rate). Add extra for books, travel, accommodation, and coffee.
Last update 08 May 2009
General Comments - might not apply to Cass Business School Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
- UQAIB - a quality assurance agency to licence free zone colleges and universities in Dubai
Related websites (new window)