Canadian University of Dubai
||Canadian University of Dubai
||Ann Buller (President)
|Executive body or owner
||Dubai Education Company / Centennial College Toronto
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
private profit-making university, Ministry of Higher Education license
|University location / area
||Behind Shangri-La Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road - location map
||PO Box 117781, Dubai, UAE
||www.cud.ac.ae (new window)
||Diploma, BSc, MBA
||30,000-60,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Canadian University of Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about Canadian University of Dubai
Canadian University in Dubai (CUD) programs and courses, tuition fees, and general information
Bachelor of Business Administration degree courses
- Marketing BBA
- E-Business BBA
- Human Resource Management BBA
Bachelor of Science degree courses
- Architectural Studies BSc
- Computer and Networking Engineering Technology BSc
- Environmental Health Management BSc
- Health Information Management BSc
- Health Organisation Management BSc
- Interior Design BSc
- Telecommunication Engineering BSc
Master of Business Administration degrees
- MBA in Finance (announced August 2011, start date not supplied)
- MBA in General Business Administration
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Islamic Banking (announced August 2011, start date of course not supplied). One year full-time but with evening and weekend class option for students in full-time employment?
- MBA in Marketing (announced August 2011, start date not supplied)
Other courses and programs
- Associate degree in Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Mass Communications (announced 13 April 2011). In English or Arabic, specializations in advertising, journalism (print and electronic), public relations.
- Bachelor degree in English Language and Translation (announced 13 April 2011)
- English for Academic Purposes preparatory program
- Mass Communications in English and Arabic (announced 29 August 2011, start date unknown).
- Professional Development Courses in Continuing Education, Corporate Training
Courses under development
- Bachelor of Business (BB) in Golf Management, Automotive Management, International Commerce and Global Development, or Hotel Administration and Tourism.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Architecture
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Electronics Engineering
Honorary degrees awarded by the Canadian University in Dubai
- 07 June 2012 -
Barbara Stymiest, Chairwoman of Research in Motion (RIM) in Canada (Blackberry manufacturer) - honorary doctorate in letters.
29 August 2011
- CUD announced a new MBA in Islamic Banking degree, to be launched at the Najah education and careers exhibition in Abu Dhabi from 18-20 October 2011 (news release). Other courses to be launched at the same time include an MBA in Marketing, an MBA in Finance, and a Mass Communications course.
13 April 2011
- Canadian University in Dubai announced two new programs - Bachelor degree in Mass Communications, and Bachelor degree in English Language and Translation (press release 13 April 2011).
17 August 2009 - updated course list and phone number
- Additional tel number for Canadian University Dubai (CUD) is +971-4-3219090
- Postal address is PO Box 62220, Dubai according to UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) website.
- Accommodation, transport, and student visa available.
- Course tuition fees are AED 1800 per credit hour for BSc and BBA (8 semesters of study programs, approx 15 credit hours per semester), and AED 2000 per credit hour for MBA (total 36 hours over 3 semesters).
- Accommodation (furnished) available in Discovery Gardens (a long drive from CUD but close to Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall). Studio for AED 30,450 or one bedroom for AED 37,000 (per semester rates, double for annual rates? Seems cheap if annual rate, especially 1 bdrm), cheaper if shared between 2-4 students (AED 16,500, 13,900, or 10,350). Internet costs an extra AED 449 per student per sememster.
- Transport fees per semester per student AED 1425 for Dubai, AED 1800 for Ajman/Sharjah (unclear if one way or return).
- All available Bachelor and Master's level programs and the Marketing Associate Degree (13 courses in total) are accredited by the UAE MHESR (when checked on CAA website 17 August 2009).
- Student composition by gender is about two-thirds male and one-third female. Student composition by nationality is about 1/6th GCC and Emirati, 1/3rd other Arab, and 1/2 non-Arab (CAA breakdown 17 August 2009).
08 February 2008
- Name changed to Canadian University of Dubai (CUD) from Centennial University of Dubai (date of change unknown). Established as Centennial University by Dubai Education Group or Company in May 2006?
- Website has tel +971-4-3218866, +971-4-3219090, +971-4-7096299.
- Postal address appears to have changed from PO Box 62220 Dubai to PO Box 117781 Dubai. Location still the same.
- Same website also at www.cud.ae.
- Email contacts are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Accredited by the Centennial University (College?) in Canada.
- Courses in Business, Education, Engineering Technology and Applied Science, English (TOEFL), Health & Environmental Studies.
- Fee information an estimate only. Depends on number of courses. Each course is worth 3 credits, each credit costs 1200 dhs as a base fee (there may be additional fees).
- Fee discounts of 10%-20% available to students with good grades or siblings already at CUD.
- Academic year split into 4 semesters, Fall & Spring semesters are 16 weeks each, 2 Summer semesters are 6 weeks each.
- Student accommodation (furnished studios on shared basis) available in Al Diyafa Street (short drive or very long walk to university) for males and next to the university for females. Accommodation fees are 9000 dhs per semester. Transportation provided to university from student residences.
Last update 17 August 2009
General comments - might not apply to Canadian University of Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.