British School Abu Dhabi
British School Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
Note that there isn't actually a school in Abu Dhabi with the exact name Abu Dhabi British School or British School Abu Dhabi as far as we know.
The British School of or in Abu Dhabi (BSAD) is usually a reference to the Al Khubairat British Community School (BSAK), also regarded by most people (teachers, parents, students) as the best British school in Abu Dhabi.
However, BSAD might also refer to one of several other British schools or colleges in Abu Dhabi. List of most likely schools being referred to or searched for is:
- Al Khubairat British School (BSAK) - the original, and still the best, British School in Abu Dhabi. Good luck trying to get a place. Mostly for British expats.
- Belvedere British School (BBS, BBSAD) - British education system, Islamic school for mostly Arab and Emirati students (at least, that's what they seemed to say when they opened).
- British College Abu Dhabi (BCAD) - was a proposed or planned school for the British expat community with opening date expected to be 2010, but plans abandoned or suspended, or name of school changed.
- Brighton College of Abu Dhabi (BCAD) - British school for British expats, also other countries, and Arab and Emiratis interested in British education and culture.
- British International School in Abu Dhabi (BISAD) - international rather than British school, sort of between a British expat school and an Islamic British school for Muslims.
- Cranleigh British School Abu Dhabi (CSAD) - modelled on Cranleigh in the UK. One of the most expensive schools in the UAE.
- Dulwich British School Abu Dhabi (DCAD) - modelled on Dulwich College in the UK. Reported first in 2005 as opening in Dubai, then announced in 2009 as opening in Abu Dhabi in Sep 2012, then ... nothing.
- Repton British School Abu Dhabi (RSAD) - second Repton campus in the UAE after Repton School in Dubai. British education system and ethos for international student body.
Other British School Abu Dhabi references
- British School Abu Dhabi address, location, map - see BSAK page (is located in Al Mushrif, downtown Abu Dhabi), or maps on other information pages.
- British School Abu Dhabi Al Khubairat - reference to BSAK.
- British School Abu Dhabi fees - see either BSAK fees or fees for British curriculum schools suggested in above list. Cheapest British schools are combination of UAE and UK curriculum schools for Arab and Emirati Muslim students, and have fees of about AED 10,000-25,000. Most expensive are AED 50,000-100,000 per year, and are for British expat students or those wanting a rather posh British education for their young ones so they can sound like Bertie Wooster.
- British School Abu Dhabi jobs and vacancies - see either BSAK careers website, or British schools in above list for institutes with jobs closest to what you might expect in Britain. Avoid any others or investigate carefully. A teaching job in the UAE can be great, but can be miserable if you end up in a bad school. Most schools are mediocre to very bad for teachers, not so many are average or better, only a small handful are good to very good. Start here for how to find the best jobs:
- British School Abu Dhabi Khalifa City or Mussafah - probably a reference to British International School (BISAD), the most British of British schools in that area.
- British School Abu Dhabi Nord Anglia - reference to BISAD (operated by Nord Anglia).
- British School Abu Dhabi reviews - see specific information pages for further reviews and information.
- British School Abu Dhabi term dates
Last update 23 January 2015