Brighton College Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Brighton College Abu Dhabi
|School name||Brighton College Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||GCSE, A-level|
|Head of school||Ken Grocott (Headmaster)|
|Executive body or owner||Bloom Properties|
|Date founded||September 2011|
|Number of students (approx)||1100|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Bloom Gardens, Al Matar, Al Muntazah - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 129444, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||www.brightoncollege.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||47,530-72,680 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||10,700 - 19,100 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Brighton College Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Brighton College Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
Brighton College Abu Dhabi school tuition fee structure
See also Brighton College UAE in Al Ain (BCU, BCAA), opening date September 2013.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||47,530||47,530||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||61,640||61,640||61,640||61,640||72,680||72,680||72,680|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014||47,530||47,530||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||61,640||61,640||61,640||61,640||72,680||72,680|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||47,530||47,530||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||61,640||61,640||61,640||61,640||72,680|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||47,530||47,530||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||56,260||61,640||61,640||61,640||61,640|
- 2012-2013 - registration fee AED 500. Year 10 added for September 2012.
- 2011-2012 - registration fee AED 500. KG1 = Pre Reception (Pre-Preparatory), KG2 = Reception (Preparatory).
- Additional email address for general enquiries email@example.com.
- Location in Bloom Gardens development near Al Bateen Airport, Al Mattar or Al Muntazah district (same area, different names). Initial reports of BC said there would or might be a BC in Khalifa City, offering IB curriculum, but those plans seem to have been suspended or cancelled, or didn't exist in the first place.
Brighton College Abu Dhabi jobs and vacancies
- BCAD should be one of the better places in Abu Dhabi to teach in terms of conditions, students, salary package.
- Updated email address for job applications is firstname.lastname@example.org (previous email@example.com), address to Mr Ken Grocott (Head Master).
18 June 2013
- BCAD website now at www.brightoncollege.ae, date of change not provided. Old URL at www.brightoncollegeabudhabi.net. URL www.brightoncollegeabudhabi.ae not available.
- Contact information updated: tel +971-2-815 6500 (previous +971-2-4418513), email firstname.lastname@example.org (previous email@example.com), fax number unknown (previous +971-2-4417927), postal address PO Box 129444 Abu Dhabi (previous PO Box 28928).
- Year 11 starts September 2013. Sixth Form Year 12 starts September 2014. Year 13 start date presumably September 2015.
15 August 2012
- New headmaster for September 2012 is Ken Grocott? Previous head was Brendan Law (Founding Headmaster). Update 12 Nov 2013 - Brendan Law appointed as new headmaster of Cranleigh Abu Dhabi.
18 June 2012
- A second Brighton College in Al Ain (BCAA) will open in September 2013 (press release 18 June 2012).
- BCAD will expand into Year 10 starting September 2012. Student numbers expected to increase from 580 (in September 2011) to 900.
24 November 2011
- Brighton College Abu Dhabi campus officially opened by H.H. Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chief of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court, in the presence of His Royal Highness The Prince Andrew, The Duke of York (WAM news).
07 September 2011 - BCAD building construction complete (press release)
- Bloom Properties announced completion of construction of Brighton College in Abu Dhabi.
- About 500 students are expected to start when the school opens (capacity is for 1100 students?).
- Specialist subjects include Mandarin and Latin.
28 March 2011 - teaching jobs at BCAD
- Jobs advertised in the UK TES say to contact Ian Mclntyre, Director of Education, Brighton College International Schools Ltd, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +44-1273-704389. Or try emailing email@example.com. As of March 2011, BCAD website says no staff vacancies (presumably for the 2011-2012 academic year). For 2012-2013 academic year try sending an application before the end of 2011.
28 February 2011 - structural works complete and admissions office open (press release)
- Bloom Properties has completed structural works for Brighton College in Abu Dhabi. So far, 15,000 cubic meters of concrete have been poured and over 2,500 tonnes of steel reinforcements used. Project area is 34,000 square meter.
- Admissions office now open and accepting applications for enrolment for the 2011-2012 academic year for children in classes from pre-reception (age 3) to Grade 9 (age 13). Telephone +971-2-441 8513, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior School (grades 10-12) expected to open September 2012?
- Facilities include Art School, Design and Technology Suite, Music School, Science Labs, Preparatory Section, Pre-Prep Section, Swimming Pool, Theatre (area 800 sq m).
- Fees information updated (was AED 50,000 estimated per annum).
15 October 2010 - launch of Brighton College Abu Dhabi
- The launch of Brighton College Abu Dhabi will take place in the Al Reem Suite at the Fairmont Hotel in Abu Dhabi on date Thursday 04 November 2010, time 1900 hrs (7pm). Brendan Law, Founding Headmaster, Lord Skidelsky, Chairman of Board of Governors of Brighton College, and Richard Cairns, Headmaster of Brighton College UK will be attending. Old Brightonians (OBs) living in the Middle East are invited.
- BC Abu Dhabi website at www.brightoncollegeabudhabi.net, not at www.brightoncollegeabudhabi.com (returns an error when checked), or www.brightoncollegeabudhabi.ae.
- Nursery to Year 9 classes open for admission from September 2011. Years 10-13 open from September 2012. Student capacity 1100. School will be coed from K to Year 13.
- Contact email@example.com for admission and entry details.
- Fee information not supplied, but could be about £9,000 per year (about AED 50,000) according to a report in The Telegraph 24 September 2010.
- For teaching jobs at Brighton College Abu Dhabi, check the Times Educational Supplement (TES) or the BCAD website for direct contact details.
14 September 2010 - Head of Brighton School Abu Dhabi announced (press release)
- Mr Brendan Law has been appointed as the founding Headmaster of the new Brighton College campus in Abu Dhabi.
- Previously he was at Bedford School, and Headmaster of Westbourne House School, both in the UK.
- Mr Law said in the press release "At BCAD, first class academic education will be delivered by enthusiastic and supportive staff, who will be specialists at every level. We have already begun the process of recruiting the very best staff available. BCAD will be a caring, tolerant, family school, in the same way as Westbourne House and Brighton College have become the leading schools on the south coast. I have a clear ambition for BCAD - to ensure it becomes the best school in the Middle East." So watch out Dubai College and BSAK ...
- School still scheduled to open September 2011, first for students aged 3-14 years old and expanding to 18 years of age in the following years.
06 September 2010
- Construction work has started on the Brighton College school in Abu Dhabi (press release 06 September 2010).
- Campus area 34,000 square meters, location at Bloom Gardens, primary contractor Tiger Contracting.
- Chief Financial Officer of Bloom Properties, Saed Arekat, said "We aim to complete this challenging venture by July 2011 and have the school ready to receive students for the next academic year,"
07 March 2010 - job vacancy for head of school
- A Headmaster/Headmistress job is being advertised on the Times Educational Supplement (TES) website for Brighton College Abu Dhabi. Advert says school size will be 1200 pupils aged 3-18 (grades K-12), and opening date September 2011. Salary package offered is about £100,000 tax-free plus accommodation (equivalent to about AED 46,000 per month at AED 5.56 : GBP 1.00).
20 March 2009 review
- A press release announced the Brighton College Abu Dhabi partnership with Bloom (an Abu Dhabi property developer) but no further information on the new school. However there was a good deal of information about the UK Brighton College, making it sound like an appealing place to send your sprogs while you wait for Brighton College AUH to be built.
- Other reports said there would be two Brighton Colleges in Abu Dhabi, with the first one a preparatory school in the Bloom Gardens development for up to 800 students expected to open September 2011, and the second one in or near Khalifa City with places for up to 2000 students aged 3-18 years expected to open 2013 or 2014. The Khalifa City Brighton College would offer IB and possibly A-Levels.
- Bloom Properties also plan to establish more Brighton Colleges in India, Jordan, Mauritius, Oman, Romania (possibly), Vietnam with a total of 12 schools around the world.
- Head of Bloom Education is Hani Rayden.
- Headmaster of Brighton College in the UK is Richard Cairns, and chairman of Brighton College UK board of governors is Lord Robert Skidelsky.
- Brighton College UK was established in 1845, accepts 3-18 year old students (grades K-12 or equivalent), and charges fees of up to AED 120,000 for boarding students (£25,600) per year, but Pre-Reception day students get away with about AED 20,000 per year (£4,270) for 2008-2009 if they don't have too many bathroom visits.
10 September 2008 review
- Brighton College was reported to be in negotiations to open a branch of the school in Abu Dhabi, according to the Financial Times 05 September 2008. But no further information found.
- Brighton College in the UK (tel +44-1273-704200, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.brightoncollege.org.uk) is a co-ed day and boarding school for students from age 3-18.
Last update 18 June 2013
General comments - might not apply to Brighton College Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Abu Dhabi
- Best British school in Abu Dhabi - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.