Bradenton Academy Dubai
||Bradenton Academy Dubai
|Type of institute
||private profit-making K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Dr Michael Gemma (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
||Bradenton Preparatory Academy Florida / Dubai Sports City
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Dubai Sports City, next to the DSC Academies Campus - location map
||PO Box 111123, Dubai, UAE
|School fees structure
||30,000-70,790 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Teacher salary range
||6,800 - 18,600 dhs per month (estimate only, not confirmed)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|KHDA school inspection report ratings
Bradenton Academy Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment, review or update about Bradenton Academy Dubai.
Bradenton Preparatory Academy Dubai tuition fee structure
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010
- Registration Fee AED 500 (non refundable), Admission Fee AED 2,000 (deducted from tuition fees or non-refundable if student is a no-show), Caution Deposit AED 1,500 (refundable with conditions), Medical Fee AED 500 (non-refundable).
- Tuition fees payable in 3 equal instalments on admission and the start of each term.
- Fees include textbooks, but exclude laptop computers (students required to have one from grade 6), meals, transport, uniforms.
30 May 2010
- A 30 May 2010 report in the Bradenton Herald (BH) highlighted financial problems with Bradenton Prep in the USA and wondered if there was a link to the Bradenton Dubai campus ... "Whether there is a link between the Bradenton school owner's financial troubles and its brand-new campus in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is unclear. School officials wouldn't say and their attorney says he doesn't think there is."
- According to the BH report, there are claims against the US Bradenton Prep and/or its owners, The Children's Place Inc, worth $1.1 million to the Internal Revenue Service, $3.7 million to the GTE Federal Credit Union, and $1.6 million to Freedom Holdings Manatee LLC.
- The BH said they attempted to contact Bradenton in Dubai and in Florida but received no response.
- In 2004, the Bradenton Herald reported "Bradenton Prep signed a $2 million deal in 2004 to manage the Dubai school. The deal, a joint venture with Dubai Sports City, was potentially worth as much as $20 million over 10 years"
- One of the co-founders of Bradenton Dubai is Lois Gerber?
24 August 2009
- Bradenton Prep Academy in Dubai open day on Thursday 27 August 2009 from 0900-1200 for parents and students.
- Fees add 500 registration fee, AED 2000 admission fee (deductable if child attends), deposit AED 1500 refundable, medical fee AED 500.
- Tuition fees slightly higher than original AED 29,000-70,000 range. Tuition fees include textbooks but not laptop computers (required from Grade 6), uniforms, food, bus transport.
- Fees discount of 5% for first brother or sister also attending Bradenton, and 8% for second sibling.
- Pre-Kindergarten class available for children aged 3+ by 31 August of academic year in which they enrol.
- Unknown if BPAD will offer International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Bradenton Dubai sports partnerships with Dubai Sports City institutions probably include: Butch Harmon School of Golf, David Lloyd Tennis Academy, DSC Football Academy, DSC Rugby Academy, DSC Swimming Academy, ICC Global Cricket Academy, Socatots, World Hockey Academy.
23 March 2009
- Bradenton Academy in the USA offers an American college preparatory education, and offer specialised sports and performing arts programs incorporated with the academic program.
- Official launch of Bradenton Academy Dubai at Dubai Sports City (DSC) on 22 March 2009
- Full name is Bradenton Preparatory Academy (BPA? BPAD?). Contact details updated.
- BPA Dubai expects to open with 200 students, and has capacity for about 900 students from KG to grade 12.
- Student - teacher ratio of 18:1 expected.
- Head of School Dr Michael Gemma previously at Canyon Del Oro High School, Oro Valley, Arizona, USA?
- Bradenton school in Florida will offer integrated sports program specialising in athletics, football, golf, hockey, tennis, swimming.
- Arts program will offer dance, media arts, music, theatre arts, visual arts.
- BPA Dubai area is over 130,000 square feet with buildings for kindergarten, elementary school, junior high school, high school.
- Facilities include art rooms, auditorium, gymnasium, performing arts centre, science laboratories. Presumably a swimming pool also but that wasn't mentioned in the press release or newspaper advertisement, although there will be a 50 meter pool in DSC so maybe BPA will use that?
- Subjects offered include Arabic Cultural Studies, Arabic Language, English, Mathematics, Music, Performing Arts, Social Studies
- Bradenton Preparatory Academy Florida accreditations include the Commission on International and Trans-regional Association (CITA) in the USA.
- BPA Florida has an excellence award from the National Independent Private School Association (NIPSA) in the USA.
- Florida Bradenton Prep School website at www.bradentonprep.org or www.bradentonacademy.com (both show the same content).
25 August 2006
- Bradenton Academy School Dubai is planned or under construction.
- BASD (BDA, BAS) to be managed by, or associated with, "Bradenton Preparatory Academy" in Florida?
- See also Dubai Sports City information.
Last update 30 May 2010
General comments - might not apply to Bradenton Academy Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2014-2015. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.