[Closed] August 6th School Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
August 6th School Abu Dhabi
|School name||August 6th School Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||government primary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UAE, Arabic, Islamic|
|Qualifications or Courses||MOE, Cycle 2, Boys G6-G9|
|Head of school||Hasan Ahmed Al Hosni (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||300|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Hadbat Al Zaafran, Al Muroor - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 6186, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|School fees structure|
|Teacher salary range||see general comments|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
August 6th School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Sixth of August School (August 6th School, Al Sadis Min Augustus School, The 6th of August School) general information
See 21st Century Academy. August 6th School closed. Building used for new Philippines Academy in Abu Dhabi, which was renamed as the 21st Century Academy. 6th August School also or previously known as Al Razi Public School for Boys (both school names no longer in ADEC school directory). Closure date not given or found (was before Jul 2010).
- Contact details (AEZ 2010 (?), ADEC 2011): tel +971-2-4487031, fax +971-2-4483245, PO Box 6186 Abu Dhabi. Is, or was, part of the Abu Dhabi PPP schools program (unconfirmed, source unknown).
- Establishment date, head's name, website domain, email address, not supplied. Principal's name is Hassan Ahmad Al Hosni (ADEC 2011 information).
- Location map marker A is correct location (became the site of the 21st Century Private Academy after 6th August School closed). Marker B is ADEC 2010 directory information.
August 6th School Abu Dhabi locations
- Location of August Sixth School site is at junction of 4th St (New Airport Rd) and 19th St (Al Saada St), between KUSTAR and Al Zaafrana School for Girls. Hadbat Al Zaafran sector 1-20 (according to ADEC directory 2010). Unless there is an error ...
- ... since school actually seems to be located next to SKBZ Pakistani School or Pakistan Cultural Center, at junction of 7th (internal) and 4th (New Airport Rd or Al Muroor) streets. Hadbat Al Zaafran sector 1-21. Same site as Al Razi School on other (old) maps, and telephone numbers same for both Al Razi School and 6th August School (ADEC 2011 information - perhaps ADEC location information supplied was incorrect). Unknown if location information conflict or school moved. Is the same place as the new 21st Century Private Academy site after 2010.
- Another location given as next to Al Qadisiya School (Madrasat Al Qadisiyah) in Al Zahraa (Al Zahra) district. Source unknown, unconfirmed, appears to be an error.
28 October 2013 review
- 6th August School also called Al Razi School for Boys (ADCCI information, date unknown, same telephone number), or was renamed. Neither school name listed in ADEC directory from 2012 onwards.
- Postal address PO Box 6186 Abu Dhabi is for Computer Digital Networks according to the UAE Yellow Pages.
- ADEC 2011 directory (Arabic) lists the school as "Sixth of August School" (translated to English, exact name unconfirmed, might be 6th of August School or August Sixth School etc).
- ADEC schools directory 2010 lists "Al Sades Min Aughostos" (6th of August) Primary School, boys, Grades 6-9, Cycle 2, 19 teachers, 319 students. Is in 2011-2012 directory but not in 2012-2013 directory, but closed before that according to August 2010 reports, after which it reopened as the Abu Dhabi Philippine Academy (subsequently renamed as 21st Century Private Academy and relocated). Also called Al Sadis Min Augustus School.
20 August 2010 review
- Sixth of August School curriculum and capacity not clear. A Gulf News report about the new ADPA Filipino school said about the old school that "The 6th of August School is located on Muroor Street. At the moment, it provides enrolment from grades KG (Kindergarten) through 10, at which 11th and 12th grades will later be added, according to demand." Which sounded confusing since the 6 August School is closing or has already closed. ADEC information was that the school was a government school offering MOE curriculum to boys only, grades 6-9.
- School capacity is or was 1,323 students according to the same report. Which conflicts with previous information that capacity was up to 800 places.
13 August 2010 - The Philippine Academy of Abu Dhabi
- 6th August School renamed as the Philippines Academy in Abu Dhabi, or Abu Dhabi Philippine Academy, or similar, according to a 12 August 2010 report in the Khaleej Times (KT).
16 May 2010 review
- The August Sixth School in Muroor is an unused government school building which has been set aside by the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) to be re-opened for students being tossed out of Abu Dhabi villa schools in 2010. School capacity is reportedly up to 800 students.
Last update 05 January 2015
- Arabic schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.