Arab Water Academy
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Arab Water Academy in Abu Dhabi
|College name||Arab Water Academy|
|Director's name||Dr Shawki Barghouti (Acting Director)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Date founded||December 2007|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||government college|
|College location / area||Delma Street, off Airport Road (EAD) (no map)|
|Postal address||PO Box 45553, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Arab Water Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi colleges forum
22 March 2009 (AWA press release)
The Environment Agency of Abu Dhabi (EAD) signed an agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to jointly sponsor the Arab Water Academy (AWA) learning programs, with USAID providing $424,000 (AED 1.56m). AWA plans to sign more agreements with universities and research centers in other countries including Egypt, Morocco, the Netherlands, and Singapores. AWA announced water courses for 2009 including:
- Designing and Implementing Successful Utility Reform
- Water Diplomacy: Sharing Benefits
- Water Governance for Future Leaders
- Water Resources Traveling Program
10 July 2008
The Arab Water Academy (AWA) was established by the Arab Water Council (AWC) in Cairo, the Environment Agency-Abu Dhabi (EAD), and the International Centre for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA), as a training institute to offer executive education in water, (meaning courses about water, not get wet while you learn), and to arrange conferences about water. Among other things, part of the AWA remit is to examine water shortages in the Gulf and Middle East region, and what to do about them.
- One report said the cost of establishing the AWA was about AED 2.5 billion, which sounds outrageous for a couple of conference rooms and a bottle of water. Unknown if that is an accurate figure though.
- Contact details are for the EAD (www.ead.ae).
- AWA established December 2007 and officially launched in a workshop from 06-08 July 2008 at the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi.
- AWA website not found. Nothing at www.awa.ae, and www.arabwateracademy.com is spam.
Last update 22 March 2009
General comments - might not apply to Arab Water Academy
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|MBAs||Abu Dhabi MBA | Dubai MBA | UAE MBA|
|Abu Dhabi education||List of Abu Dhabi colleges | List of Abu Dhabi universities | List of Abu Dhabi schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.