American Community School Sharjah
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
American Community School Sharjah
|School name||American Community School Sharjah|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||US|
|Qualifications or Courses||IB|
|Head of school||Dr Robert Spellman (Headmaster)|
|Executive body or owner||Evolvence Capital|
|Date founded||September 2010|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Maliha Rd, near Sharjah University - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 31809, Sharjah, UAE|
|Website||www.acssharjah.org (new window)|
|School fees structure||32,000-53,000 dhs per year (2010-2011)|
|Teacher salary range||7,200 - 13,900 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
American Community School Sharjah admissions, reviews, notes
American Community School Sharjah reviews - add yours here.
27 August 2009
- American Community School in Sharjah (ACS Sharjah) opening delayed until September 2010. Had to happen really, given that the contractor's name is the FAST Building Construction Company. ACS March 2009 newsletter says opening in September 2009, August 2009 newsletter says opening in September 2010.
- Fees for 2010-2011 appear to be the same as what was originally stated for 2009-2010 (AED 32,000-53,000) for nursery, KG and grades 1-4. School intends to open nursery-grade 4 in 2010. Other fees information also looks unchanged (see notes below from April 2009). See also the American Community Nursery Sharjah information.
- New programs coming to ACS Sharjah include High Scope, Lexile Framework for Reading, and the Quantile Framework for Math.
- Additional contact details on ACS Sharjah website mobile + 971-50-7084332 for admissions, mobile +971-56-6908878 for Arabic speaking enquiries.
- General number +971-6-522 7583 is for office in Al Azra location?
20 April 2009
- Information updated for American Community School Sharjah (ACS Sharjah or ACSS?), opening September 2009.
- ACS Sharjah will open initially with classes for Nursery and KG to grade students 4 (ages 2-10), expanding to grade 12 in later years (fees information page says by 2010 which sounds a bit optimistic).
- "Polaris" program is an ACS Sharjah program for Special Needs students and gifted students.
- Fees range is AED 32,000-53,000 rack rate for nursery to Grade 4 (higher grades not available but estimate AED 80k-100k for grades 11 and 12). Discounted corporate rate is AED 29,000-49,500 per year, discounted rate for Sharjah government employees is AED 27,000-46,000. More discounts if paying in one installment (5%), or for siblings of students already enrolled (5%). Discounts are cumulative.
- Additional fees (per year) for ESL students AED 10,000, Polaris Special Needs students AED 15,000, Polaris Gifted Children AED 8,000.
- Bus transportation fees (per year) AED 6,000 if living in Sharjah, AED 7,600 from Ajman, and AED 8,000 from Dubai.
- Add AED 500 application fee and AED 1000 assessment fee (both non-refundable).
- International Baccalaureate (IB) offered in grades 11-12 subject to approval by the IB Organisation (IBO)
- The Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA) accreditation applied for. CITA is a school accrediting body in the USA.
- Partner school is ACS Beirut in Lebanon (established 1905).
- Nursery and day care center on site.
- Other facilities include science and IT labs, two libraries, interactive Promethean whiteboards in classrooms, disabled student access, gymnasium and fitness center, climbing wall, martial arts center, full sized athletics track, two football fields, three pools including one 50 meter Olympic sized pool, auditorium (750 seats), theatre, covered play areas, gardens for students to have picnics in, parents center (a what?).
- ACS Sharjah say their school campus is the largest in the MENASA region at 1.4 million sq feet (about the same as a small to medium sized shopping mall).
- Teacher benefits include furnished accommodation, full medical insurance, free tuition for dependents (ACS Sharjah website). Email email@example.com for job enquiries.
- Other email addresses for ACS Sharjah are admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org, registrar: email@example.com, jobs: firstname.lastname@example.org, headmaster: email@example.com.
- There is also an ACS Abu Dhabi (unknown if related in any way except in name).
- ACS Sharjah is not the same as, or related to, the Sharjah American International School established in 1997.
18 July 2008
- Evolvence Capital apparently has a new American School in Sharjah under construction.
- Evolvence are the owners / managers of Repton School in Dubai that started up in 2007. They also have plans for a new Dubai American Community School.
- Contact details for Evolvence Capital are tel +971-4-3158100, fax +971-4-3296500, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update 27 August 2009
General comments - might not apply to American Community School Sharjah
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Sharjah might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- American schools in Sharjah
- Study in Sharjah - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Sharjah - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Sharjah - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Sharjah education||Nurseries in Sharjah | Schools in Sharjah | New schools in Sharjah 2019-2020 | Special needs in Sharjah | Colleges in Sharjah | Universities in Sharjah|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.