American Community School Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
American Community School Abu Dhabi
|School name||American Community School Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||private non-profit K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||US|
|Qualifications or Courses||IB, AP|
|Head of school||Patricia Koeze (Superintendent from Sep 2011)|
|Executive body or owner||Board of Trustees|
|Number of students (approx)||800|
|Number of staff (approx)||100|
|School area, location map||Al Bateen|
|Postal address||PO Box 42114, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|School fees structure||39,960-73,130 dhs per year (2011-2012)|
|Teacher salary range||7,700-16,750 dhs per month (2011-2012)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
American Community School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
American Community School Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
American Community School Abu Dhabi (ACS-AUH, ACSA, ACSAD) fee structure and information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||39,960||60,350||60,350||60,350||60,350||60,350||60,350||60,480||60,480||60,480||73,130||73,130||73,130||73,130|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||37,000||57,000||57,000||57,000||57,000||57,000||57,000||60,000||60,000||60,000||68,500||68,500||71,000||71,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011c||37,000||55,884||55,884||55,884||55,884||55,884||55,884||56,000||56,000||56,000||67,716||67,716||67,716||67,716|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||26,000||53,000||53,000||53,000||53,000||53,000||53,000||56,000||56,000||56,000||64,000||64,000||66,000||66,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||23,295||47,575||47,575||47,575||47,575||47,575||47,575||51,500||51,500||51,500||58,800||58,800||59,650||59,650|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||20,255||41,370||41,370||41,370||41,370||41,370||41,370||44,785||44,785||44,785||51,135||51,135||51,870||51,870|
Fee payment can be made quarterly instead of annually for an additional 6%. Quarterly payments are 35% in Q1 (first quarter student attends, not first quarter of academic or financial year), 30% in Q2, 25% in Q3, 16% in Q4 (2009-2010 information?).
- 2012-2013 fee schedule not provided.
- 2011-2012 Facility fee AED 18,700 for new KG 2-Grade 12 students, one-time payment on entry, non-refundable. KG2 students entering from ACS KG1 pay the facilities fee for the previous year. Previous facilities fee was AED 17,000 for 2010-2011, 16,000 for 2009-2010, AED 14,700 for 2008-2009, AED 10,500 for 2007-2008, AED 10,000 for 2006-2007.
- 2010-2011 ADEC maximium approved fees in italics (01 Sep 2010), fee schedule supplied by ACS in next row above, explanation not given for fees higher than maximum permitted (unless ACS fees include books or something else). Registration fee AED 300, KG1 half day annual fee is AED 28,000 (ACS information), AED 29,100 (maximum approved by ADEC).
- 2009-2010 admission application fee AED 300 (AED 250 in 2007-2008), reservation fee (annual deposit but deducted from school fees) AED 2,500 (AED 1,500 in 2008-2009).
- 2006-2007 Additional 10,000 dhs (one time) + 3,700 dhs (per year) capital fees.
American Community School of Abu Dhabi teaching jobs, salary, benefits (29 January 2011)
- 2011-2012 salary scale is US$25,223-US$54,788 per year (about AED 7,700-16,750 per month) depending on qualifications, experience.
- Salary scale for 2008-2009 was AED 6,837-13,886 per month. For 2007-2008, salary range was AED 6,215-12,623.
- Overseas Hire Incentive 17.5% of base salary in first 2 years, then 18.13%. Local Hire Incentive 8% of base salary.
- End of service gratuity and retirement allowance of 2 months per year for first 2 years, then 2.5 months per year.
- Medical and dental cover provided for employee, and dependents for overseas hire teachers.
- School fees waived for one dependent, or all dependents for overseas hires.
- Additional benefits for overseas hires include semi-furnished accommodation, economy flights for employee and dependents, furniture allowance, small interest-free car loan, utilities paid by ACS (electricity, water, local phone).
10 August 2011
- New Superintendent of ACS will be Patricia Koeze from September 2011? Previously Ms Koeze was Superintendent of West Ottawa Public Schools in Michigan, USA.
- Previous head was Dr George Robinson.
03 September 2010
- American Community School Abu Dhabi (ACS) fees will rise for 2010-2011, but the school will operate at a loss according to the superintendent, Dr George Robinson "If we didn't have the surplus funds we'd probably have to look at reducing programmes. For us it would be cutting the after-school programmes, the music programme, the drama programme." (The National 03 Sep 2010).
- Fees for 2010-2011 updated (May 2010 information). Increase from 2009-2010 appears to be 7-8% rather than than 1.5-5% as reported in The National - Fees at the American Community School (ACS) are set to go up by between 1.5 per cent and five per cent depending on the year group.
- Unless there has been a change in new fees. ACS website still has 2010-2011 fees information from fee schedule dated May 2010.
04 October 2009
- An ex-drama teacher at the American Community School, Richard Neal Willets (employed at ACS 2006-2007?) was reported in the media as having been lured back to the USA in 2007, arrested, and sentenced to 10 years in prison as a result of being under "FBI investigation following allegations of sexual misconduct with pupils at his former schools."
- Despite that report, ACS is probably still at the top of most parents' lists for an American curriculum school in Abu Dhabi.
03 June 2009 - ACS expansion (press release 03 June 2009)
- The American Community School (ACS) in Abu Dhabi will double capacity from about 1000 students to 2000 students with expansion funded by a $3 million (AED 11m) contribution from Lockheed Martin.
- ACSAD new campus expected completion date is September 2011, location in the new Arzanah development surrounding the Zayed Stadium near the Sheikh Zayed Mosque. The old campus in Khalidiyah (Khalidiyah) will continue to operate as the elementary school.
31 August 2008 review
- New high school building under construction, expected completion by end of September 2008.
- Fees increased by 15% according to a report in The National. Fees updated based on schedule supplied by ACS (previously AED 20,255-51,870). Additional facilities fee of AED 14,700 for new students.
- Same report said teacher salaries increased by 10% (salary range was AED 6,215-12,623 for 2007-2008, current information based on 10% increase but not confirmed).
- Student body approx 45% American, 15% Canadian, 5% UAE nationals, with about 46 different nationalities in total.
- See also ACS Sharjah and ACS Dubai operated by Evolvence Schools which is not related to ACS Abu Dhabi, or the American School in Dubai which is usually the first choice of US curriculum schools for North American expats (and difficult to get into).
- On Fridays, the Swedish School of Abu Dhabi has classes at the ACS Abu Dhabi campus.
13 November 2006 review
- ACS says they are a non-profit school.
- Majority of students are North American.
- New elementary school completed in 2001.
- Teaching job applications should be from US or Canadian citizens, or teachers with North American teaching qualifications. School website has details of salary package and benefits (unusual for a UAE school, but helpful).
Schools in or near Al Bateen close to American Community School Abu Dhabi
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Crescent International Private School|
Last update 16 May 2012
General comments - might not apply to American Community School Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- American schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.