Al Rabeeh School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Rabeeh School in Abu Dhabi
|School name||Al Rabeeh School|
|Type of institute||private primary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Arabic, UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||KG-G6, Islamic, UAE MOE|
|Head of school||Mr Riaan Huyser (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Ms Jane Kadri (Founder), Royal Group|
|Number of students (approx)||800|
|Number of staff (approx)||50|
|School area, location map||Hadbat Al Zafranah - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 41807, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||www.alrabeeh.sch.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||26,900-33,200 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||5,400-13,000 dhs per month (2011-2012)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Al Rabeeh School admissions, reviews, notes
Al Rabeeh School reviews - add yours here.
Al Rabeeh Primary School, Al Rabeeh Private School Abu Dhabi (ARS, ARPS, ARPSA) fees and information
See also Al Rabeeh Academy, a new (in 2017) FS1 to Year 13 school also operated by Royal Group of Schools.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019||26,900||26,900||28,900||28,900||32,000||32,000||33,200||33,200|
|Book fees 2018-2019||0||300||1,015||1,585||2,290||2,175||2,140||1,975|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||23,100||23,100||24,900||24,900||27,500||27,500||28,500||28,500|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011c||21,000||21,000||22,600||22,600||25,000||25,000||26,000||26,000|
- 2019-2020 fee schedule not provided.
- 2018-2019 bus transport fees AED 4,100 (annual).
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not supplied. Range about AED 23,100-28,500. Book costs approximately AED 1,000-2,500, bus transport AED 3,600 (annual), uniforms cost about AED 300-500.
- 2011-2012 fee range AED 23,050-28,450.
- 2010-2011 figures in italics not confirmed. Registration admission fee AED 500, book costs AED 1,000-2,500 (annual), uniforms AED 300-500, bus transport charges AED 3,600 (annual).
- About 50% of students are Emirati (in 2017-2018), down from 85%-90% UAE nationals in 2010. Remainder of students are mostly expat Arab, almost all Muslim. Girls and boys classes co-ed KG-G3, segregated from Grade 4. Teaching and communication is mostly in English, except for Arabic and Islamic Studies classes.
- Special Needs students considered for admission. ARS says SEN children ... will be provided with termly Individual Education Plans (IEPs). The SEN Teacher, Class Teacher and parents will work together to set the targets in the IEP.
- ARS is a member of the British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) group.
- Date founded 1979 or 1981 (ADEC), conflicting information given, 1979 is correct date? Some sources say school established in 2002 but that is when school moved to new campus.
- Location: Hadbat Al Zafranah (Hadabat Al Zaafran), Al Muroor area since 2002. Previously a villa school in Al Bateen area.
- 2017-2019: Mr Riaan Huyser (Principal), previously Vice Principal at GEMS Cambridge High School or GEMS Winchester School Abu Dhabi or both.
- 2017-2019: Ms Nan Mckeown (Principal), previously primary headteacher at Sharjah English School and Latifa Girls School Dubai.
- 2014-2019: Ms Allison Lamb (Principal then Founding Principal for Al Rabeeh Academy, also Director of Schools). Start date not confirmed. Moved to Dubai Heights Academy as Principal in 2019.
- 1987-2014: Ms Gillian Thorp (Deputy Principal, Principal). Dates not confirmed.
- Caz Jude (Principal) (ref ADEC 2014 report, start date 2013?).
- Mr Hugh Carey (Deputy Headteacher, Principal).
- 1979-2014 (?): Ms Jane Kadri (Head Teacher and Founder). Same Ms Kadri from Al Waha Arabian Stud in UK.
Teaching jobs and careers at Al Rabeeh School
- Email application letter, CV, photograph to the school head, address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Put your full name and teaching position applied for in the subject line. Applicants must be UK qualified with at least 3 years teaching experience.
- Typical overseas hire contracts are 2 years renewable and include standard UAE labour law provisions (gratuity, tax-free salary, visa arranged by employer). Additionally: accommodation (shared or single) or accommodation allowance, annual flight ticket or allowance, medical insurance (not stated if private or government health card).
Al Rabeeh High School extension or new Al Rabeh Primary School
- 29 Sep 2017 update:
- Al Rabeeh School (ARS) is a primary school, founded in 1979. Location Abu Dhabi city (Abu Dhabi island).
- Al Rabeeh Academy (ARA) is a new school, FS1 to Year 13, founded in 2017. Location MBZ City.
- Royal Academy Abu Dhabi (RAAD) is (was) a proposed new school, but rebranded as Al Rabeeh Academy.
- 30 Jan 2015: A number of vacancies have been advertised for teachers, and a vice-principal (see the TES jobs section), at Al Rabeeh School starting August or September 2015 (application closing date 28 Feb 2015). No mention of a high school extension or new primary school. Possibly means plans have been suspended or abandoned.
- Advertisements typically say Al Rabeeh School is a large, well established primary school in Abu Dhabi, on its own purpose built site. Al Rabeeh is a bilingual, Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 private school for boys and girls ... But do not say anything about offering or expanding to KS3 or KS4.
- 12 Jan 2013: Plans for a new Al Rabeeh High School or Al Rabeh Primary School (both names reported) were announced by Learn Educational Investments or Investment Company (LEI) according to media reports. Original announcement not provided or found.
- The Khaleej Times said LEI will provide another 1,300 seats for Grades 5-12 at the new Al Rabeh High School extension. Other newspapers said there would be a new primary school not a high school.
- No information provided about location, opening date, construction timeline, fees, curriculum details, etc.
07 February 2015
- Email contacts updated to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previously email@example.com. Also available are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
25 November 2014 review
- Website not available at www.alrabeeh.sch.ae. New or alternative domain might be www.alrabeehschool.ae (shows parking page only when checked).
- School owner or management company is Learn Education Group, a subsidiary of Royal Group Abu Dhabi (RG) (not Royal Group Services USA) according to ADEC information. But Al Rabeeh School not mentioned on Royal Group website, neither is Learn Education for that matter. Royal Group also operate the Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat Island.
- Additional email address supplied as firstname.lastname@example.org by ADEC, but emails sent to ADEC addresses are not usually replied to in our experience.
- FB page at facebook.com/pages/Al-Rabeeh-School/126370500736251 but appears to be unofficial. No information, no posts. Other pages found appear to be FB generated spam with no or very little useful information:
- facebook.com/profile.php?id=126370500736251 - same as unofficial page.
- facebook.com/pages/al-rabeeh-school/108551445920608 - FB auto-spam.
- facebook.com/pages/Al-Rabeeh-School/180974855380179 - FB auto-spam.
- facebook.com/pages/Al-rabeeh-school-muroor-st-Abudhabi/372064272864524 - FB auto-spam.
- facebook.com/pages/Al-Rabeeh-School-KG1-Year-6/222904957719919 - FB auto-spam.
12 January 2007 review
- Mixed comments, usually the good ones are about teachers, not management.
- Part of the Beacon School Group? School website under construction as of August 2006. Also called Al Rebeeh School, Alrabeeh School.
- Head is Mr Hugh Carey, previously was Ms H J Kadri?
April 2013 to September 2015 - school girl allegedly raped by cleaner
Timeline of the case of a female student allegedly raped by one of the cleaners at the school. Based on reports in the UAE media, and some international reports. Dates are of court hearings or date information was reported. Some reports said Al Rabeeh School was a public or government school, which is incorrect, it is a private school.
- 29 Sep 2015 - the Federal Supreme Court of the UAE reduced the sentence from a death penalty to 10 years in jail followed by deportation. Reference: Madhyamam newspaper 29 Sep 2015, reports not found in UAE press.
- 26 Feb 2015 - the Abu Dhabi Appeals Court upheld the guilty verdict and death sentence penalty for the accused. The court rejected the claim by the defendant that he had made a confession under duress. The court referred the claim for AED 5 million in damages by the family of the victim to the civil court.
- 18 Jan 2015 - lawyers presented their case to the Appeals Court again, along with testimony from the medical examiner. Verdict to be announced 25 Feb 2015.
- 10 Dec 2014 - Court of Cassation sent the case back to the Appeals Court which heard evidence again. The case was adjourned until 18 Jan 2015 to hear from a forensics expert.
- 23 Mar 2014 - the Appeals Court upheld the death sentence punishment for the accused. The case will go to the Court of Cassation for the next hearing.
- 02 Mar 2014 - at the Appeals Court the 4 teachers defended the accused again, and the prosecution said again their statements were not relevant to the verdict.
- 18 Nov 2013 - the trial continued at the Abu Dhabi Court of Appeal with 4 teachers defending the accused, and the prosecution saying their statements had little or no validity.
- 05 Nov 2013- international media reports highlighted the story, with comments from Human Rights Watch claiming the accused had been badly treated and unfairly sentenced. According to some accounts he confessed to the crime but claimed it was under duress.
- 29 Jul 2013 - Court of First Instance handed down a death sentence to the accused janitor for the rape of the student.
- 27 May 2013 - Court of First Instance heard from the defense and the prosecution. The prosecution said they would seek damages of AED 5m from the school and the accused.
- 14 Apr 2013 - the date of the alleged offence, and date of arrest of the accused. The Indian cleaner or caretaker, who had been employed at the school for 30 or more years, was accused of raping a 7 year old Emirati girl during the morning break, in a kitchen between the school staff room and the female toilets.
Schools in the same area as Al Rabeeh School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Abu Dhabi Indian School||1975||K-12||Indian||5,700-10,240||ADIS reviews|
|Al Mashael National Private School||K-12||Arabic, UAE|
|Al Qadesyah Secondary School||UAE|
|Al Wahda Secondary School||UAE|
|International Academic School||1987||K-12||Arabic/US/UK||8,012-18,360|
|New Indian Model School Abu Dhabi||15 April 1987||K-12||Indian||3,000-4,150|
|Pakistan International School Abu Dhabi||K-10||Pakistan|
|Sheikh Khalifa Pakistani School||August 1975||K-12||Pakistan||3,150-5,420||SKPS reviews|
|Sherwood Academy||K-10||Indian||6,950-10,000||SA reviews|
|The National Torches Private School||K-12||Arabic, UAE|
Last update 08 November 2019
General comments - might not apply to Al Rabeeh School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Abu Dhabi
- Best British school in Abu Dhabi - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.