Al Murooj Scientific Private School in Abu Dhabi
||Al Murooj Scientific Private School
|Type of institute
||private profit-making K-10 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||Arabic, Islamic, UK
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Ghada Mehieddine Tabikh (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Khalidiyah, Khalifa Bin Shakhbout St - location map
||PO Box 42275, Abu Dhabi, UAE
|School fees structure
||10,025-17,150 dhs per year (2012-2013)
|Teacher salary range
||2,300 - 4,500 dhs per month (estimate only)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Al Murooj Scientific Private School admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Al Murooj Scientific Private School (AMSPS) tuition fee structure and general information
- 2013-2014 fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to email@example.com.
- 2012-2013 fees approximate only, not confirmed, source unknown. Registration admission fee AED 500, bus transport AED 2,500 (presumably per term).
- 2002-2003 fees AED 7,490-12,305?
- Owner's name, email address, location map, teacher pay scale, not provided.
- Al Murooj School is more suited to Arab nationality students wanting some English education, or UK curriculum education. It is not really a western curriculum school in a way that western expats would be familiar with.
- Location on or off Khalifah Bin Shakhbout Street (28th St, Khalifa Bin Shakbut St) near Abu Dhabi Women's Society. District given as Al Manhal, Al Dhafrah (old location?), Khalidiyah. Location map marker approximate, not confirmed (ADEC information). Some sources show school location further down Khalifa Bin Shakhboot St in an apartment block, others in Al Dhafrah (perhaps old location).
25 November 2013 review
- An announcement from Cambridge University dated 25 Nov 2013 said Cambridge praises Al Murooj Scientific Private School for English language achievements. ... Fifty students from the Al Murooj Scientific Private School in Abu Dhabi recently passed Cambridge English exams. They were presented with their certificates at a special ceremony attended by the students and their families ... The Al Murooj Scientific Private School has been preparing students for Cambridge English exams for two years. ... The ceremony took place on 24 November at Al Murooj Scientific School in Abu Dhabi.
- So it appears that AMSPS is still in operation. It is still listed in the ADEC school directory, but no school inspection report found. No further information found or supplied about new building in Mussafa, tuition fees, or an up to date website. Facebook page doesn't exist or not found (except for the empty FB auto-generated organisation page).
17 August 2013 review
- Is Al Murroj School still operating? Reference seen to new campus construction - Al Murooj Private School in Mussafah (Al Morooj School, Musaffah, Musaffa, etc) but unknown if a proposed project, or speculative. No useful information provided.
- References to a new school design or plan seen in Al Ittihad newspaper 17 March 2013 and Emarat Al Youm newspaper 29 March 2013 (ADEC press release in Arabic?) for a location in Mohammed Bin Zayed City (MBZ City)? Not confirmed.
- Domain www.almuroojschool.com not available, is spam. Another website at www.almuroojprivateschool.com but doesn't look like an official website, more like a blog, and hasn't been updated since October 2011. Website at www.murooj.4t.com still available but also doesn't appear to have been updated for several years.
- A post on the blog website dated 22 Jun 2011 says "The school is in the process of moving to a new building!" But no further information provided about when or where.
- Email addresses that might be for the school are firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (ADEC email, unknown if connects to school email account).
15 September 2009 review
- Al Murooj School website at www.almuroojschool.com looks new? Old one still available at www.murooj.2ya.com - not entirely clear which one should be used.
- Contact details updated from new website - was PO Box 70405 and fax +971-2-6656003 or +971-2-6656229
- Fees information is unchanged from 2002-2003 academic year?
- Additional costs: Uniform fees AED 225-245 (includes sports shirt), bus transportation AED 1000 (one way) or AED 2000 (return), book fees AED 700-1700, medical AED 100, activity fees AED 200, computer fees AED 200.
- AlMurooj School up to grade 10 or 12? Old website says school has plans to extend classes to grade 12 by adding a grade each year.
06 March 2007
- Al Murooj School (AMSPS?) website looks out of date. Domain forwards to members.lycos.co.uk/morooj/. Same information on another domain at www.murooj.4t.com.
- AMSPS fax number might be the same as tel number.
- Tuition fee information from 2002?
- School moved to new premises in 1999.
- AMSPS might be referred to as "Al Muroog School", "Al Mourooj School", "Al Murooj School", "Al Murooj Private School", "Al Mourooj Scientific (Pvt) School" or "Al Murooj Scientific School" but is not related to the Al Murooj School in Sharjah (Al Murooj English School).
- Domain name www.almurooj.sch.ae registered with EIM but no website.
Schools in the same area as Al Murooj Scientific Private School
Last update 17 January 2014
General comments - might not apply to Al Murooj Scientific Private School
- Many popular schools are full for 2017-2018. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.