[Closed] Al Majd Indian School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Majd Indian School in Dubai
|School name||Al Majd Indian School|
|Type of institute||private K-10 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE SSLC|
|Head of school||Rafiq Rahim (principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||1000|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Muhaisnah 4, Al Ghusais, off Beirut St - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 55510, Dubai, UAE|
|Telephone||closed Apr 2011|
|School fees structure||6,400-9,110 dhs per year (2010-2011)|
|Teacher salary range||1,400 - 2,400 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Al Majd Indian School admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Dubai school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Al Majid Private School (Al Majd Indian School) (AMPS, AMIS, AMS) tuition fee structure, general information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||6,400||6,540||8,060||8,230||8,350||8,750||9,500||9,280||9,440||9,180||9,590||9,110|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||6,400||6,540||8,060||8,230||8,350||8,750||9,500||9,280||9,440||9,180||9,590||9,110|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||2,500||3,650|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||2,000||2,800|
- 2010-2011 fees information unchanged? Not confirmed. Updated tuition and admission fees information not supplied.
- 2009-2010 fees information in italics supplied by the KHDA, not confirmed. Date of validity not clear, unknown if fee schedule is for 2007-2008 or 2009-2010 academic year. Fee payment details not supplied but fees might be paid in monthly instalments for 10 months per year.
- Website domain www.almajdsc.com not available, is spam when last checked (18 Sep 2013).
- Location is (or was) Muhaisnah 4, Al Ghusais (Al Qusais), Dubai. Next to The Oxford School Dubai, and near the Philadelphia Private School Dubai location.
- AMIS Dubai is not related to AMIS (Al Majd International School, not Indian School) in Damman, Saudi Arabia (domain www.almajdschool.me).
05 September 2012 review
- A new school opened in the old Al Majed School location - The Indian Academy.
- Al Majd School is opening again, or a new Indian school, in Umm Al Quwain (UAQ)? Not confirmed, no further information found or supplied.
- Al Majd principal Rafiq Rahim (Rafeek Rahim) became principal at The New Indian School UAQ, which might have prompted speculation, comment, or misunderstanding about a new Al Majd Indian School in UAQ.
08 May 2012 - Al Majd School closed?
- No school report released by KHDA for Al Majd School - because it closed? School not listed in KHDA schools directory.
- UAE Yellow pages still lists the school, with telephone +971-4-2646746 and fax +971-4-2644501 but website www.almajdsc.com not available.
24 February 2011 - Al Majd Indian School closing
- Al Majd School was rated as 'unsatisfactory' for 2010-2011 in the 2011 KHDA inspection reports, the same as the 2009-2010 rating.
- School website has a statement that says "The School has decided to discontinue all its activities with effect from April 2011. Thank you."
- The National on 22 February 2011 quoted the principal, Rafiq Rahim, as saying "A lack of facilities and a fee structure that is not sufficient to bring about any significant changes has hampered all our efforts to improve,"
- But he also said "We are now in the process of transferring to new management, which will restructure the entire school. ... We have already received the go-ahead from the KHDA for this and we hope to operate as a newly registered schools by 2012,"
- The school plans to discontinue as a CBSE institute and reopen offering Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE). Or CISCE (whatever that is) according to a report in Emirates 24-7 on 24 Feb 2011.
- The New Indian Model School of Dubai (NIMS) has reportedly offered to take some Al Majd students at the start of the new academic year in April 2011. Dr Mohammed Aslam Khan, the NIMS Principal was quoted in The National "I'm aware the school is closing, so we've agreed to give priority to these students during the enrolment stage."
- School principal Rafiq Rahim started at the school in 1996?
12 December 2007
- Was known as Al Majid English School, Al Majed English School, or Al Majd English Medium School with tel +971-4-2663131 (might not be valid).
- School building has sign that says Al Majd English School but school is referred to as Al Majd Indian School or Al Majd Private School or similar.
- Another email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update 18 September 2014
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.