Al Khawarizmi International College in Abu Dhabi
||Al Khawarizmi International College
||Mr Naeem Radi - CEO
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
private profit-making college, Ministry of Higher Education license
|College location / area
||Al Mina / Tourist Club Area - location map
||PO Box 25669, Abu Dhabi, UAE
||www.khawarizmi.com (new window)
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
Al Khawarizmi International College admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi colleges forum
Al Khawarizmi International College or AlKhawarizmi College (AKIC, KIC, AKC) programs, courses, fees, and general information
- Associate Degrees in Computer Graphics and Animation, Information Technology, Business Administration, Islamic Banking (started in 2007), Fashion Design.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology
- Bachelors Degree in Islamic Banking and Finance - start date 01 Sep 2013, announced 25 Aug 2013.
- Foundation Program
- General Education Program
- Training Programs
- Business - Accounting and Finance, Business, Business Skills, Human Resource Management (HRM), Management and Leadership, Marketing, Project Management.
- English - General, Academic (IELTS, TOEFL), Business, Oral Communication.
- IT training courses - Autodesk (3D Max, AutoCAD), Certiport (IC3), Cisco (CCNA), CIW, CompTIA, EC-Council (Certified Ethical Hacker CEH, Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator CHFI), Frameboxx (Blueboxx, Greenboxx 1, Pastel IP, Shutterboxx), ICDL, IT Managment (COBIT, ITIL, PRINCE2), MCDST Certification (?), Microsoft, Oracle.
- 2013-2014 - Associate and Bachelor degree programs 1st and 2nd years AED 1,800 per course (AED 19,800 per year), 3rd and 4th years AED 3,000 per course (AED 30,000 per year). Registration fee AED 1,000 (2 x AED 500?), application fee AED 300 (non-refundable).
KIC branches in the UAE
- Al Khawarizmi University College Abu Dhabi tel +971-2-6789700 (main campus)
- Al Khawarizmi University College Al Ain campus tel +971-3-7611174
- Al Khawarizmi Continuing Education Center Abu Dhabi tel +971-2-4080000
- Al Khawarizmi Continuing Education Center Al Ain +971-3-7555005
- Also called Al Khawarizimi College or AlKhawarizimi College.
22 August 2013
- Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC) announced a new Bachelor Degree in Islamic Banking and Finance starting September 2013. KIC says they are "the first and only higher education institution in the UAE to offer" this program. Course content includes the Islamic principles and methods of Banking, Economics, Finance and Accounting through Shariah law.
21 June 2010
- Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC) will offer some programs from the University of Dubai (UD), including MBA and IT courses, but only at the Abu Dhabi campus?
- Press release 21 June 2010 said ...
the KIC will provide its campus to UD faculty for holding MBA classes at its campus in Abu Dhabi.
25 March 2007
- Qualifications include Associate Degree in Computer Studies, and Associate Degree in Business Administration.
- Courses in association with John Moores University in Liverpool where students have the option to continue studies towards a full degree qualification.
Comments supplied by KIC 25 March 2007
KIC governs a growing network of 3 high quality campuses around the UAE. It provides environment conducive for growth and education to its Students and Staff. Supported by a association of reputed, international advisors in the field of education from various affiliated local & international Universities, the college gives you comprehensive transfer option to continue your Bachelors/Masters Degree. The college aspires to provide members of the community (nationals and expatriates residing in the UAE) with life-long learning opportunities.
Last update 27 August 2013
General comments - might not apply to Al Khawarizmi International College
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.