Al Furjan School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Furjan School, Dubai
Al Furjan School reviews - add yours here.
List of schools in Al Furjan
- Al Furjan British School: not an existing or planned school name as far as we know. Probably a reference to either The Arbor British School or The Arcadia Al Furjan School.
- Al Furjan Primary School and Al Furjan Secondary School by Arcadia Education: Announced and under construction in Jul 2019 (ref FB). Announced again in Feb 2020 (ref PR). Opening Sep 2021. School name not confirmed, press release refers to "School of the Future". References to "Arcadia Global School", "Arcadia Primary School", "Arcadia Secondary School" also seen but nothing confirmed by Arcadia Education.
- Al Furjan School by Taaleem: Announced in 2007, plans suspended in 2010, cancelled by 2013.
- The Arbor School, UK curriculum school opened in Sep 2018, operated by Praxis Education.
Al Furjan School fees and general information
- Fee schedule not provided yet. Or see The Arbor School for their fees.
- Location of Al Furjan Villas is near Ibn Battuta Mall and Discovery Gardens. Master Developer is Nakheel Properties.
Teaching jobs and vacancies at Al Furjan School
Do not apply for any jobs advertised at "Al Furjan School" or "Al Furjan British School" without first confirming that a school with exactly that name exists (check with the KHDA). As of Feb 2020 there are no schools with those names in Dubai. For jobs at The Arbor School visit their website. For jobs at the Arcadia schools, visit the Arcadia Education website. For jobs at Taaleem schools, check their website but note that the Taaleem Al Furjan School project was cancelled in 2013 or earlier so treat with suspicion any jobs advertised at a school with that name.
Arcadia Education Al Furjan School
25 February 2020
Arcadia Education press release announces (again) their new school coming up in Al Furjan: "Arcadia Announces School Of The Future". A model of the school was revealed along with some other information:
- Opening date expected to be August 2021. Name of school not yet given.
- Curriculum not explicitly stated but Arcadia Education say they are "K-12 British school operator" so curriculum expected to be UK FS1 to Year 13.
- Capacity of more than 4,200 (!) students. Previous information from Arcadia referred to both primary and secondary schools planned for Al Furjan area, but this press release only referred to one school and did not specify which levels. So it might be primary, secondary, or both.
- Fee schedule not provided but Arcadia did say fees would be "affordable". Presumably that means "affordable" for Al Furjan villa residents rather than bedspace occupants in Satwa.
- Facilities and features mentioned in press release include a semi-Olympic swimming pool, badminton and basketball courts, indoor cricket nets. An odd collection of sports facilities. No mention of outdoor cricket fields or other sports fields. Also highlighted is a Junior MBA Program for Year 3 and higher students.
- [Check site opposite Al Furjan Station near Azizi Tulip Residence] A "metro stop" is outside the school, which might mean a Dubai Metro station on the new Red Line extension, or a bus stop connecting to the Dubai Metro.
17 July 2019
Arcadia FB post announces that the "school of the future" opening date is "getting closer". Construction photos included. A September 2019 opening date doesn't look likely from photos but maybe a few months after that is possible.
Taaleem Al Furjan School timeline and information
20 August 2013 review
Information received from Taaleem (email) to say that Al Farjan school is not part of Taleem. Unknown if that means school project is suspended or cancelled completely, or just that Taaleem no longer has anything to do with it. A previous report said the project had been suspended. Curriculum, student numbers, etc unknown. Original information (now removed from database) from Beacon before it became Taleem, said US curriculum, capacity 1700 students, K-12 school, PO Box 76691 Dubai.
27 March 2013 review
A press release from Nakheel announced that 760 villas out of 821 in the Al Furjan Villa project had been completed, with the remaining 61 villas due for delivery by May 2013. There was no mention of an Al Furjan School as part of the development, however the press release did say there would be a nursery school as part of a new Al Furjan community center opening in 2014.
11 May 2010 review
A report in Arabian Business 11 May 2010 said that the Al Furjan School project had been suspended for the time being due to the economic situation in Dubai according to comments from the Taaleem CEO. Previous information was that an opening date of September 2010 had been scheduled.
17 August 2009 review
Al Furjan School project has been abandoned? Email from Taleem seems to imply they might not be involved with the AlFurjan School anymore or it has been cancelled (unconfirmed). This page left for archive information or until further clarification obtained. Email contact email@example.com probably no longer valid since Beacon Education has become Taaleem.
12 September 2008 review
No further updates seen (except for a press release from Nakheel in April 2008 saying they were making good progress on the Al Furjan Villas, but not actually giving any details of what they'd done so far). Original scheduled completion date of September 2009 for Al Furjan school looks unlikely, September 2010 might be more realistic. Most (if not all) Nakheel projects have suffered from significant delays. Another press release, dated September 2007, announcing the partnership between Madaares and Nakheel to build the school has an expected opening date of 2010.
17 September 2007 review
Email received from Beacon Education clarifies that the school will be American curriculum (US) but no further details are available at this stage. Note that an earlier press release from Nakheel said there would be 2 schools in the Al Furjan area. No further information available about the second school yet.
14 September 2007 review
Press release from Beacon Education in September 2007 announced that a new school would be built in the Al Furjan villa community, a project announced by Nakheel Properties in Dubai. Planned opening date of September 2009. School will have a capacity of 1700 students. Name of school unknown at this stage. Contact details for Beacon Education are tel +971-4-3498806, fax +971-4-3498807.
Last update 27 February 2020
- International schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.