[Closed] Al Farooq Pakistani Islamic School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Farooq Pakistani Islamic School in Dubai
|School name||Al Farooq Pakistani Islamic School|
|Type of institute||private K-10 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Pakistan|
|Qualifications or Courses||FBISE|
|Head of school||Ms Ghausia Iqbal (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||700|
|Number of staff (approx)||65|
|School area, location map||Hor Al Anz East, Abu Hail, Al Qusais - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 19496, Dubai, UAE|
|Telephone||closed Apr 2013|
|School fees structure||2,200-3,650 dhs per year (2012-2013)|
|Teacher salary range||see general comments|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Al Farooq Pakistani Islamic School admissions, reviews, notes
Al Farooq Pakistani Islamic School reviews - add yours here.
Al Farooq Pakistani Islamic School Dubai (AFPIS) fee structure and general information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013a||2,200||2,200||2,200||2,450||2,450||2,450||2,550||2,550||2,650||2,650||3,650||3,650|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||2,200||2,200||2,200||2,450||2,450||2,450||2,550||2,550||2,650||2,650||3,650||3,650|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||2,200||2,200||2,200||2,450||2,450||2,450||2,550||2,550||2,650||2,650||3,650||3,650|
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not provided.
- 2012-2013 fees information not confirmed.
- 2009-2010 fees information not confirmed.
- 2007-2008 fees information not supplied. Figures in italics supplied by KHDA and not confirmed by AFPIS, year of validity not clear.
- Website URL given in some sources is www.alfarooq.ae but is unavailable when last checked. Domain www.alfarooq.net has nothing to do with the school.
- Owner of the school is Obaid-ur-Rahman Akram according to a report in Emirates 24-7 (03 Apr 2013), but according to The National (01 Apr 2013), he is "a spokesman for the school". Director of the school is Mr Akram Khan?
- School plans to move to a new site in Al Ghusais (Al Qusais) by September 2014? New location map not found or supplied. Some sources give construction site location in Al Qusais Industrial Area 2 (GPS coordinates 25.277560,55.388624) but that appears to be incorrect - it is the location of Al Daghaya Block and Cement Industry, and they don't appear to be moving anytime soon (at least not in 2013).
- Location is Hor Al Anz East, off Abu Hail Road next to the Hamriya Shopping Center. GPS coordinates 25.281944,55.342222 (not confirmed)? Some maps have other locations, including in Dubai Marina, but that looks like an error.
Al Farooq Pakistani School jobs and careers
- Apply directly to AFPIS for jobs and careers information.
Al Farooq School Abu Dhabi (Al Farouk School, Al Farook School)
- Al Farouq School in Abu Dhabi is a government public school for boys, Grades 1-12, located in the Western Region, Liwa area. Unrelated to the Al Farouq School in Dubai (this page).
03 April 2013
- The Al Farooq Pakistani School has been closed by the KHDA due to rent not being paid for two years according to a news report in Emarat Al Youm of comments by Mohammed Darwish, Head of Regulations and Compliance at KHDA.
- A report in The National on 01 April 2013 quoted someone from the school as saying "We saw officials and police on the campus and then the bell to end sessions went off earlier than usual. ... We were asked to leave the campus."
- There was also a report in Emirates 24-7 saying the owner was constructing a new building for the school.
- AFPS contact details removed from table (tel +971-4-2643848, fax +971-4-2642905).
- FB page at facebook.com/alfarooqpakschooldubai (Al Farooq Pak School Dubai) gives the school location as Al Nahda Rd, Al Qusais with tel +971-4-268 8522 (is an old number). Does not appear to be an official school FB page.
28 November 2012
- The owners of the school were reported to have said "We request the Knowledge Fund-Government of Dubai to please extend the contract for two more years. We are unable to transfer our assets and 900 pupils to another building premises because construction work at our new building is in process" (The National 28 November 2012).
- The amount of outstanding rent was reportedly AED 1,400,000.
- The school has (or had) plans to move to a new campus located in Al Qusais by September 2014?
19 November 2012
- Al Farooq Pakistan Islamic school might be closed in April 2013. The National reported that the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) has suspended its licence because of a dispute over rent payments with the school's landlord, the Dubai Knowledge Fund. The report in The National said that Al Farooq has failed to pay its rent for the past two years ... The school insists it has paid.
- New head of school is (or was) Ms Ghausia Iqbal (Principal) (or Ghousia, Ghosia Iqbal?), was previously principal at Little Flower School, also in Dubai. Previous head of AFPIS was Col (retired) Naseer Dar. Date of change was Nov 2010, and Ms Iqbal left in June 2012? Dates not confirmed, and new head's name not supplied.
22 February 2010 review
- Principal's name is Naseer Ahmed Dar, school telephone is +971-4-2688522, and school email contact is email@example.com according to KHDA directory.
- Contact details according to the UAE Yellow Pages are phone +971-4-2643848, fax +971-4-2644742.
24 September 2008 review
- Also be referred to as Al Farouq, Al Farouk, Al Farook Pakistan School, etc. Or Al Farooq Pakistanian School, Al Farooq Pakistanan School.
- Principal reported as Col (retired) Naseer Dar in Gulf News July 2008. The name Mr Zafar Iqbal Tariq also seen as head of school.
- Another telephone number +971-4-2644742.
Last update 24 January 2016
- Pakistani schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.