Al Ain International Aviation Academy
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Ain International Aviation Academy
|College name||Al Ain International Aviation Academy|
|Executive body or owner||Institute of Applied Technology|
|Date founded||September 2008|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||college|
|College location / area||Al Ain Airport (adjacent) - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 66844, Al Ain, UAE|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Al Ain International Aviation Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Al Ain colleges forum
08 June 2009
- Al Ain International Aviation Academy (AAIAA) is a new flight and pilot training school established in September 2008 as part of the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT Al Ain).
- Entry is restricted to UAE nationals only.
- Location is next to the Al Ain Airport, on 49 acres of land with a 2850 sq meter hangar.
- Other facilities include cafeteria, classrooms, helicopter tarmac, laboratories, library, maintenance workshops, offices
- IAT website says AAIAA programs have international and UAE accreditation but the Ministry of Higher Education (MHESR) website does not list any accredited programs.
- MHESR website lists contact tel as mobile +971-50-4579610.
- AAIAA not related to the more established Horizon Flight Academy (HIFA), also in Al Ain. Main difference is that HIFA offers pilot training courses, AAIAA offers aircraft engineering and maintenance courses. HIFA is also open to students of all nationalities.
- Partnership expected with Khalifa University of Science, Technology, and Research (Kustar Abu Dhabi), courses to include Bachelors, Masters, and PhDs in Aeronautical, Avionics and Air Transport Engineering, and Aviation Management.
- Fees information not found.
- Domain name www.aaiaa.ac.ae returns a DNS error when checked.
- Academic Affairs Officer is Saleha Banu
- Senior Manager is Hekmat Bani Hashem
AAIA Programs and Courses
- EASA Part-66 Category A License in Aircraft Maintenance Techonology - 18 months long
- EASA Part-66 Category B License in Aeronautical Engineering - 3 years long
- EASA Category A Line Maintenance Certifying Mechanics (LMCM)
- EASA Category B Maintenance Certifying Technician (MCT)
- Bachelor of Engineering BEng top up program at Kingston University, UK
- Training courses in aircraft and helicopter avionics, electrics, maintenance, mechanics, and repair.
UAE pilot training flight schools and aviation industry colleges
- Al Ain Aviation Academy (part of Al Ain IAT, established September 2008)
- Alpha Aviation Academy in Sharjah (established March 2009)
- DAE Flight Academy in Ras Al Khaimah (established October 2007)
- Emirates Aviation College in Dubai - aviation, aerospace, air traffic control degrees and vocational courses (established 1991)
- Frankfinn Air Hostess Training Institute in Dubai
- Horizon Flight Academy UAE in Al Ain (established September 2003)
Last update 13 August 2009
General comments - might not apply to Al Ain International Aviation Academy
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Al Ain and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Al Ain colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|Al Ain education||List of Al Ain colleges | List of Al Ain universities | List of Al Ain schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.