Ajman University of Science and Technology
||Ajman University of Science and Technology
||Dr Saeed Abdullah Salman (President)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
university, Ministry of Higher Education license
|University location / area
|| location map
||PO Box 346, Ajman, UAE
||www.ajman.ac.ae (new window)
||BA, BSc, BE, BEd, MBA, MSc
||AED 30,000-80,000 (needs updating)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Ajman University of Science and Technology admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about Ajman University of Science and Technology
Ajman University (AUST) programs and courses accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR)
Faculty (College) of Education & Basic Sciences
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) Teacher Training Program in Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) Teacher Training Program in Mathematics and Sciences
- Bachelor of Educational Technology
- Bachelor of Education in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Professional Diploma in Teacher Education - announced 19 May 2010, starts at Ajman and Fujairah campuses in the Fall Semester (September) 2010-2011
Faculty of Information, Mass Communication & Humanities
- BA in Mass Communication & Public Relations
- BA in English Language & Translation
- BA in Communication & Translation
Faculty of Dentistry
- Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
Faculty of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BSc in Nursing
Faculty of Engineering
- BSc in Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- BSc in Electrical Engineering/communication
- BSc in Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation & Control
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering
- BSc in Architectural Engineering
- Bachelor in Interior Design.
- Masters degree in Architecture and Urban Studies - from September 2009
Faculty of Information Technology
- BSc in Computer Engineering
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Information Systems
- BSc in Information Technology - from September 2010,
duration 8 semesters, 123 credit hours.
- BSc in IT Databases and Systems Management - from September 2010, graduation requires completion of 126 credit hours, minimum GPA of 2.0, and 12 week internship. Entry requirements are minimum 70% in UAE secondary school certificate (Science section), and English proficiency.
- BSc in IT Networking and Security - same entry and graduation requirements as BSc IT/Databases and Systems Management
- BSc in Multimedia & Web Development
- MSc in Information Systems
- Diploma in Information Technology
Faculty of Business Administration
- BSc in Management
- BSc in Marketing
- BSc in Finance
- BSc in Accounting
- Master in Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration
Faculty of Law
Institute of Environment, Water & Energy
- MSc in Ground Water Engineering and Management (in collaboration with Aachen German University?)
26 December 2013
- Ajman University of Science and Technology (AUST) and City University College of Ajman (CUCA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for academic cooperation between staff and students for the organization of conferences, lecture and training programs, research programs, student exchange programs, and workshops (WAM).
18 February 2011 - AUST accreditation application rejected (The National news report)
- The Ajman University of Science and Technology Bachelor Degree in Information Studies accreditation application was rejected by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA). AUST needs to make modifications and resubmit before the CAA will reconsider approving the program.
24 July 2010 - new BSc in IT Networking and Security, and BSc in IT Databases and Systems Management
- AUST announcement that new BSc degrees in IT Networking and Security, and in IT Databases and Systems Management will be launched from September 2010. Programs accredited by the CAA of the MOHESR. Degree courses available at both Ajman and Fujairah campuses? Email email@example.com for more information.
11 July 2010 - Ajman University agreement with National School of Architecture (NSA) in Morocco (press release)
- AUST signed a cooperation agreement with the National School of Architecture (NSA) in Morocco for exchange of undergraduate and graduate students, research professors and other staff; promotion of scientific research and graduate studies; joint curriculum development; collaboration on workshops and other projects, and so on.
- Agreement comes into effect for the 2010-2011 academic year.
22 June 2010 - EAQUALS Accreditation
- Ajman University of Science and Technology (AUST) was awarded
European Association for Quality Language Services (EAQUALS) accreditation for its Intensive English Program (IEP) - WAM news 22 June 2010..
02 June 2010 - new BSc in IT
- A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology will be launched from September 2010. Course length is 8 semesters or 123 credit hours.
- A press release 02 June 2010 announced that the new degree had received accreditation from the UAE Ministry of Higher Education.
19 May 2010 - Professional Diploma in Teacher Education
- Ajman University announces in a press release their new
Professional Diploma in Teacher Education
for secondary school teacher training.
- Entry prerequisites include a bachelor degree GCC and Arab institutes recognised by the UAE, and an application interview.
- Program content includes class management, class evaluation, curriculum planning, psychology, teaching methods.
- Course is intended prepare students to meet international teaching standards, and comply with UAE Ministry of Education objectives.
- Duration is 33 credit hours over 2 semesters with 8 compulsory courses, 1 elective cours, and 6 credit hours practical experience.
01 November 2008 - Masters in Architecture and Urban Studies (press release)
- Ajman University announced a new Masters degree program in Architecture and Urban Studies (MAUS? MEng?).
- Degree appears to be offered by the College of Engineering at AUST.
- Course can be done part-time or full-time, total 36 credit hours divided as 30 study hours and 6 hours for the thesis.
22 August 2007
- AUST tuition fees structure 650-2000 dhs per credit hour. Additional 500-2500 dhs laboratory and clinic fees.
- Scholarships available - 40% to 100% reduction in fees.
- Fee discount of 5% for more than one student from the same family in the same semester.
23 August 2006
- Full name is Ajman University of Science and Technology Network (AUST
or AUSTN), was previously called Ajman University College of Science and
Technology. Also referred to as just Ajman University.
- Sister university in Valencia, Spain (the Mediterranean University
of Science & Technology), and Malaga.
- Courses include MBA,
MSc in Information Systems, MSc in Ground Water Engineering and Water
Resources Management, many other Bachelor and Masters programs.
says toll free number is +971-6-8006688 but use 8006688 in the UAE,
or try +971-6-7466666 or +971-6-7482222. Other contact numbers given on
- Campuses in Ajman - Al Naemyah / Al Naemah (tel/fax above) and Al
Jurf (tel +971-6-7482222 and fax +971-6-7468888), Al Ain, Abu Dhabi
and Fujairah. See also:
- Message from the President of AUST says 4 campuses but information about Abu Dhabi campus not obvious on website, only Al Ain and Fujairah locations have contact information.
- Courses taught in English with most/all students
and faculty from Arab countries.
- President's name also written as Dr Saeed Abdalla Salman.
Last update 23 May 2010
General comments - might not apply to Ajman University of Science and Technology
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.