Ajman Academy School
||Ajman Academy School
|Type of institute
private K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Anthony Cashin (Principal or Director)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
||Al Muwayhat - Al Muwaihat - location map
||PO Box 639, Ajman, UAE
|School fees structure
||30,000-57,000 dhs per year (2012-2013)
|Teacher salary range
||9,000 - 12,800 dhs per month (estimate only, not confirmed)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Comments about Ajman Academy School
Add a comment, review or update about Ajman Academy School.
The Ajman Academy (TAA), or Ajman Academy School (AAS) tuition fee structure
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013
- Note that school will only operate nursery to grade 5 classes from September 2012. Higher grades to be added in later years. Total capacity expected to be 1,000 students.
- Bus transport, uniform, books, registration, and other fees not supplied. Please send updated information to email@example.com.
30 November 2012
- Ajman is now in Dubai, or the Ajman Academy is, according to a news report which said "London-based Penoyre & Prasad has completed the initial phase of an international baccalaureate school in Dubai ... Penoyre & Prasad is building the Ajman Academy for the Ajman University of Science and Technology."
- We think it's more likely the reporter had a geography malfunction than Penoyre & Prasad building the school in the wrong place.
26 April 2012
- News reports said the Ajman Academy was officially launched on 25 April 2012, and classes from nusery to grade 5 would start from September 2012. The school plans to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum at all levels - the Primary Years Program (IB PYP - nursery to grade 5), Middle Years Program (IB MYP - grades 6 to 10), and Diploma Program (IB-DP - grades 11 and 12).
- Primary school principal is Anita McCallum.
- PO Box not confirmed.
19 February 2012
- Another UAE newspaper, The National, did a story on the new school in Ajman, also saying it would be called The Ajman Academy, or Ajman Academy.
- The school plans emphasise the teaching of Arabic. The founding director, Anthony Cashin, was quoted as saying "We don't want to be one of these schools who pay lip service to the teaching of Arabic. This often leads to disappointment of parents of children in international schools ... We aim to pay particular focus on the Arabic language and will apply a more hands-on approach to learning."
- Facilities include campus area of 60,000 square-meters; art, drama, and music studios; indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
- The new school plans to have 250 students in the first year, enrolled in the IB Primary Years Program (PYP) this year.
- The school has applied for IB candidate status, and plans to apply for IB accreditation in 2014.
02 February 2012
- Khaleej Times reported that the new school in Ajman would offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, and would be called Ajman Academy. Principal's name was reported as Anthony Cashin.
20 January 2012
- Another new school is opening in Ajman - The Ajman First Academy. Not clear if it is a different school, or a new name for the Ajman Academy School.
- There is also an International Academy in Ajman, but that is a tertiary institute of some sort, presumably unrelated to the Ajman Academy or Ajman First Academy.
20 September 2011
- Another new school is reportedly being built in Ajman - The Royal Academy. Unless it's the same as the Ajman Academy but with a new name.
29 July 2011
- Ajman Academy School is a new school planned or under development in the emirate of Ajman.
- Job advertisements seen online for Founding Principal dated 27 July 2011. Salary, benefits package, closing date, contact details for applications not supplied.
- Information from advertisements say capacity expected to be 1200 students, emphasis on Arabic and Islamic Studies, project timeline is September 2012 opening of Phase I for KG to Grade 6 with higher grades being added in future years. Owner/operator is Ajman University of Science & Technology (AUST)?
- Project, building, construction consultants - Al Gurg Consultants?
Last update 27 April 2012
General Comments - might not apply to Ajman Academy School
- Many popular schools are full for 2013-2014. New schools in Ajman might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.