Thursday 01 October 2020 (UAE)
Abu Dhabi International School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Abu Dhabi International School
Abu Dhabi International School information
||Abu Dhabi International School
|Type of institute
||private profit-making K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||Arabic, Islamic, UK, US
|Qualifications or Courses
||IB, A-level, IGCSE, SAT, AP, AICE
|Head of school
||Mrs Jihan Nasr (Superintendent and General Manager)
|Executive body or owner
||Board of Governors
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Off Al Karamah St, Al Rawda - location map
||PO Box 25898, Abu Dhabi, UAE
|School fees structure
||12,500-25,600 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Teacher salary range
||2,800 - 6,700 dhs per month (estimate only)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile
Abu Dhabi International School admissions, reviews, notes
Abu Dhabi International School reviews - add yours here.
Abu Dhabi International School tuition fee structure
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008
- Fees expected to increase for 2010-2011 according to AIS website (details not supplied).
- Placement test fee AED 200 (non-refundable).
- Registration deposit fee AED 1000. Additional fees for school uniforms and textbooks, to be purchased from the school (details not supplied).
- Bus transport fees within Abu Dhabi city AED 1500 one way, or AED 3000 return. Presumably per year but check with school.
04 October 2009
- Abu Dhabi International School (AIS) tuition fees 12,500-25,600, assumed to be for 2009-2010 academic year (not stated on AIS website). Previous information was AED 11,500-25,600, assumed to be for 2008-2009.
- Additional fees and costs: deposit 1000 dhs, photograph 60 dhs, yearbook 75 dhs, website program 200 dhs, activity fees 150 dhs, ITBS fees 150 dhs, school uniform and text books.
- Transport fees 1500 dhs one way or 3000 dhs return (within Abu Dhabi city).
- Exam fees for A level, AS level, IB, IGCSE, SAT, TOEFL.
- High School Principal - Mrs Sheugnet Carter
- Middle School Principal & IGCSE Coordinator - Mr Michael Baker
- Elementary School Principal - Mrs Paula Musson
- Additional email email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Location is behind the old American Embassy building?
05 September 2008
- Fees information updated from Abu Dhabi International School (AIS, not ADIS?) website (Dh 9,500-23,500), assumed to be for 2008-2009 but not confirmed.
- School offers International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma since 2005 for grades 11/12 according to website. Coordinator is
- AIS is not the same as ICS Abu Dhabi, although both AIS and ICS would be more popular with students speaking Arabic as a first language than the American International School AUH or the American Community School AUH (which are more popular with North American students).
- AIS websites at www.ais.sch.ae and www.aisuae.com. It looks like www.aisuae.com is the more up-to-date site.
12 April 2008
- Head's name is also spelt Jeehan Nasr (ADEZ information).
26 November 2006
- According to the IB Organisation (IBO), AIS offers IB since January 2005 but it's not clarified on their own website (except for an IB logo on one page).
- Another website at www.ais.sch.ae (old one)?
- Date of fees information is 2001 (AIS website).
- Qualifications also include ACT/AP?
- Accredited by CITA.
- Majority of students are Arabic.
- Also/previously called "Abu Dhabi International Private School", "Abu Dhabi International Pvt School" or "Abu Dhabi International Private School WLL".
- AIS was founded in 1981 by the head, Mrs Jihan Nasr.
Schools in the same area as Abu Dhabi International School
Last update 18 May 2010
General comments - might not apply to Abu Dhabi International School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
Related websites (new window)