Abu Dhabi Indian School
||Abu Dhabi Indian School
|Type of institute
private profit-making K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Mr Vijay K Mathu (since December 2006)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
||Near 23rd St and Salam St, Muroor - location map
||PO Box 46492, Abu Dhabi, UAE
|School fees structure
|Teacher salary range
||see general comments
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Comments about Abu Dhabi Indian School
Add a comment, review or update about Abu Dhabi Indian School.
Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS?) tuition fee structure
- Fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2009 reports said fees were about AED 7,000-8,000 per year?
08 March 2012
- ADEC gave permission for ADIS to add another 900 places for 2012-2013 academic year in a new shift for KG1, KG2, and Grade 1 students. Shift timings will be 4 hours in the morning and evening (Gulf News).
23 June 2010
08 April 2010
- Gulf News reported that the Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS) plans to build another 20 classrooms which could each hold 30 students to help address the shortage of places for Indian students.
- The ADIS board chairman,
Dr B.R. Shetty, said
"If permission is granted, the construction can be completed within one year and 600 more pupils can be taken for the next academic year"
19 March 2010
- Abu Dhabi Indian School has received permission from ADEC Abu Dhabi to increase class sizes by 3 students, for a total of 300 more places. But that's not sufficient to cater to the 2000+ students who applied for places recently (The National 19 March 2010).
- A new Indian High School Abu Dhabi is possibly being considered, as a branch of the Dubai Indian High School. Only tentative at this stage.
30 January 2010
- Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS?) is considering a return to morning shifts for girls, and afternoon shifts for boys, according to press reports.
- In a Gulf News report 30 January 2010 the chairman of ADIS, Dr B.R. Shetty, was quoted as saying (in reference to the large number of students applying for limited seats) "People are leaving with sad faces and this has compelled us to consider the shift system, ..."
- About 2500 children applied for 109 places available for 2010 admission according to the report.
- The Khaleej Times (KT) also reported the story, quoting Dr Shetty as saying "There are no details on the second shift as yet, as we have to make arrangements, seek necessary permissions, hire additional staff. But I have decided that the seating capacity would be increased to accommodate maximum number of pupils, who have submitted applications for the draw.
- Regarding shift timings, Dr Shetty reportedly said "The second shift will be only for KG to 6th grade. For higher classes there will be only one shift," since UAE government rules apparently require both shifts to be finished by 1600 (4pm).
- The KT report also reported that the school had expansion plans for more classrooms and facilities in a new building, to be constructed by 2012-2013.
15 March 2009
- The Abu Dhabi Indian School began in the India Social Center in 1975, and moved to new premises in 1980.
- Good facilities including a athletics track,
indoor swimming pool, auditorium, central air conditioning.
- A popular choice within the Indian community in Abu Dhabi, but difficult to find places for students - application for admission by lottery draw several months before the start of the school year. A March 2009 report in The National said ADIS had 2000 applicants for just 100 seats.
- Academic year runs from April to March.
- Khaleej Times reported in August 2008 that the Abu Dhabi Indian School was considering a fees increase, after 4 years of no changes in tuition fees.
- No fees information found on ADIS website.
Schools in the same area as Abu Dhabi Indian School
Last update 02 February 2010
General Comments - might not apply to Abu Dhabi Indian School
- Many popular schools are full for 2013-2014. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.