Thursday 01 October 2020 (UAE)
Abu Dhabi Indian School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Abu Dhabi Indian School
|School name||Abu Dhabi Indian School|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Mr N C Vijayachandra (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||ADIS Board of Governors|
|Number of students (approx)||6500|
|Number of staff (approx)||340|
|School area, location map||Al Muroor - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 46492, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||www.adisuae.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||5,700-10,240 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||3,300-11,000 dhs per month (2013-2014)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Abu Dhabi Indian School admissions, reviews, notes
Abu Dhabi Indian School reviews - add yours here.
Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS) tuition fee structure, information
- See also Abu Dhabi Indian School Branch 1 (in Al Wathba City, Abu Dhabi, opening date August 2014). Admission registration dates 14 to 24 or 30 April 2014.
- Not to be confused with the Indian High School of Abu Dhabi (IHS-AD), a proposed sister school to IHS Dubai, unrelated to ADIS.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||5,700||5,700||4,800||4,800||5,100||5,100||5,300||5,300||6,100||6,100||7,100||7,100||10,240||10,240|
|Quarterly fees (AED) 2014-2015||1,425||1,425||1,200||1,200||1,275||1,275||1,325||1,325||1,525||1,525||1,775||1,775||2,559||2,559|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014||5,700||5,700||4,340||4,340||4,660||4,660||4,820||4,820||5,580||5,580||6,420||6,420||9,360||9,360|
|Quarterly fees (AED) 2013-2014||1,425||1,425||1,085||1,085||1,165||1,165||1,205||1,205||1,395||1,395||1,605||1,605||2,340||2,340|
- 2014-2015 annual fees calculated from 4x quarterly fees (supplied). Transport fee additional AED 450 per quarter, swimming for boys Classes V-XII extra AED 75 per quarter (no swimming for girls at ADIS).
- 2013-2014 admission fee AED 500 (new students only?), caution deposit AED 100-200 (refundable), exam fees AED 50-300, textbook and stationery costs AED 80-250, magazine charge AED 20, computer fee (Class XI-XII) AED 500. CBSE fees (Class X and XII) AED 500-600. Bus transport charges AED 450 per quarter (AED 1,800 per year, AED 150 per month?), swimming fees (Class V-XII, boys only, no swim classes for girls) AED 75 per quarter (AED 300 per year). Discount of 50% for third or more siblings from same family. Fee figures in italics are calculated as 4x quarterly fee data supplied, not confirmed. Fees payable in 4 quarterly instalments. Post dated cheques not accepted.
- 2012-2013 admission, registration, tuition fee information not supplied.
- 2009-2010 - reports seen in 2009 said fees were about AED 7,000-8,000 per year? Fee structure not provided by ADIS.
- Register students online using the "Online Registration 2013-14" link, cut-off date about 3-4 months before the start of the academic year, which starts in April. Or download and fill in an application form. For 2014-2015 academic year, check admission page on website for online registration details.
- Admission restricted to students of Indian nationality only. Admission to classes KG1, STD I-VIII by lottery draw (for new students?). Admission to classes STD IX and XI based on performance in entrance exams (held about 3 months before beginning of academic year). Admission requirements for new students to classes KG2, STD X and XII unknown.
- ADIS CBSE school codes - affiliation code 6630004 (66300 04), examination code or center number FS02653 (FS 02653) (not confirmed, check with school or CBSE).
- Location: on 23rd St, near Al Salam St (Eastern Ring Road), Al Muroor (Moroor) area. Route map updated. GPS coordinates 24°26'42.91"N, 54°24'34.98"E (24.445252,54.409717).
Abu Dhabi Indian School careers, jobs, teaching vacancies
- To apply for a position or job vacancy at ADIS, download the Teacher Application Form from the ADIS official website, complete, and send direct to ADIS.
- Teacher pay scale and benefits package information not supplied. Most positions appear to be filled by teachers already living in the UAE, unknown if overseas contracts with accommodation provided (but it seems unlikely for most jobs).
Abu Dhabi Indian School e Square (eSsquare, eSquareworld school management system)
- An E-square online school management system for students, parents, teachers is provided by eSquareworld. Login from link on ADIS website homepage (bottom right corner when last checked).
- In the E-Square system, can view student details, attendance report, class schedule, exam timetable, progress reports, exam results, assignments, class and subject teachers, events and news, noticeboard, webmail email system.
Abu Dhabi Indian School calendar 2013-2014
- 2013-2014 academic year starts 07 April 2013.
- Abu Dhabi Indian School annual day 2013 - 13 June 2013 for kindergarten and Class I?
- Summer vacation dates from 04 Jul to 08 Sep 2013.
- Second semester begins 13 Oct 2013.
- Winter holiday dates from 15 Dec 2013 to 02 Jan 2014.
- 2014-2015 academic year start date 01 April 2014 (not confirmed).
17 November 2014
- ADIS does not respond to email enquiries sent to addresses provided (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com). Additional email address supplied by ADEC might be firstname.lastname@example.org but emails sent to ADEC addresses are also ignored.
10-25 November 2013 - Arabic classes compulsory at Abu Dhabi Indian Schools
- Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS) says that ADEC made Arabic language compulsory for Grade 11-12 students in 2013 at Indian schools in Abu Dhabi. The Gulf News says that ADEC says they didn't. ADIS and other Indian schools continue to claim that ADEC says they are compulsory, and are charging additional fees for the classes.
19 September 2013
- Principal is Mr N. C. Vijaya Chandra (Vijayachandra). Advisor to the Board of Governors Mr V. K. Mathu (Vijay K Mathu), was previously Principal (from December 2006)? Date of change not supplied.
- Chairman of the ADIS Board of Governors is Dr B. R. Shetty.
08 March 2012
- ADEC gave permission for ADIS to add another 900 places for 2012-2013 academic year in a new shift for KG1, KG2, and Grade 1 students. Shift timings will be 4 hours in the morning and evening (Gulf News).
23 June 2010
- Permission from ADEC has been given for ADIS to build a new Abu Dhabi Indian School campus. Location map, information and construction timeline not supplied.
08 April 2010 review
- Gulf News reported that the Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS) plans to build another 20 classrooms which could each hold 30 students to help address the shortage of places for Indian students.
- The ADIS board chairman, Dr B.R. Shetty, said "If permission is granted, the construction can be completed within one year and 600 more pupils can be taken for the next academic year"
19 March 2010 review
- Abu Dhabi Indian School has received permission from ADEC in Abu Dhabi to increase class sizes by 3 students, for a total of 300 more places. But that's not sufficient to cater to the 2000+ students who applied for places recently (The National 19 March 2010).
- A new Indian School in Abu Dhabi is being considered, as a branch of the Dubai Indian High School. Only tentative at this stage. IHS-Abu Dhabi (IHSAD) would not be related to ADIS.
30 January 2010 review
- Abu Dhabi Indian School is considering a return to morning shifts for girls, and afternoon shifts for boys, according to press reports. In a Gulf News report 30 January 2010 the chairman of ADIS, Dr B.R. Shetty, was quoted as saying (in reference to the large number of students applying for limited seats) "People are leaving with sad faces and this has compelled us to consider the shift system, ..." About 2500 children applied for 109 places available for 2010 admission according to the report.
- The Khaleej Times (KT) also reported the story, quoting Dr Shetty as saying "There are no details on the second shift as yet, as we have to make arrangements, seek necessary permissions, hire additional staff. But I have decided that the seating capacity would be increased to accommodate maximum number of pupils, who have submitted applications for the draw.
- Regarding shift timings, Dr Shetty reportedly said "The second shift will be only for KG to 6th grade. For higher classes there will be only one shift," since UAE government rules apparently require both shifts to be finished by 1600 (4pm).
- The KT report also reported that the school had expansion plans for more classrooms and facilities in a new building, to be constructed by 2012-2013.
15 March 2009 review
- The Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS) began in the India Social Center in 1975, and moved to a new in 1980 in the Shabia Muroor area, New Airport Road.
- Good facilities including an athletics track, indoor swimming pool, auditorium, central air conditioning. Sports include athletics, badminton, cricket, etc.
- A popular choice within the Indian community in Abu Dhabi, but difficult to find places for students - application for admission by lottery draw several months before the start of the school year. A March 2009 report in The National said ADIS had 2000 applicants for just 100 seats.
- Academic year for Indian curriculum schools in the UAE is beginning of April to end of March.
- Khaleej Times reported in August 2008 that the Abu Dhabi Indian School was considering a fees increase, after 4 years of no changes in tuition fees.
Schools in or near Al Muroor close to Abu Dhabi Indian School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Mashael National Private School||K-12||Arabic, UAE|
|Al Qadesyah Secondary School||UAE|
|Al Rabeeh School||1979||primary||Arabic, UK||26,900-33,200||ARS reviews|
|Al Wahda Secondary School||UAE|
|International Academic School||1987||K-12||Arabic/US/UK||8,012-18,360|
|New Indian Model School Abu Dhabi||15 April 1987||K-12||Indian||3,000-4,150|
|Pakistan International School Abu Dhabi||K-10||Pakistan|
|Sheikh Khalifa Pakistani School||August 1975||K-12||Pakistan||3,150-5,420||SKPS reviews|
|Sherwood Academy||K-10||Indian||6,950-10,000||SA reviews|
|The National Torches Private School||K-12||Arabic, UAE|
Last update 14 February 2015
General comments - might not apply to Abu Dhabi Indian School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.