Sunday 05 July 2020 (UAE)
Abu Dhabi Film Academy
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Abu Dhabi Film Academy
|College name||Abu Dhabi Film Academy|
|Director's name||John Sammon|
|Executive body or owner||ADACH and New York Film Academy|
|Date founded||February 2008|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private college|
|College location / area||Muroor St, next to Abu Dhabi TV studio (no map)|
|Postal address||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|College fees||92,000-125,000 dhs per year (2010-2011)|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Abu Dhabi Film Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about Abu Dhabi Film Academy
Abu Dhabi School of Film and Acting courses and programs
- Bachelor and Master in Fine Arts (MFA) in Filmmaking, Acting for Film and Television, or Screen Writing?
- NYFA AD courses include 3D animation, acting for film, digital editing, digital film making, film making, film production, music videos, screenwriting.
- Course durations of 4, 6, 8 weeks full-time, also 12 week evening course, and 1 & 2 years full-time. For example
- Two-Year Conservatory Acting for Film Program, fees $12,500 per semester (AED 92,000 per year assuming 2 semesters per year)
- One-Year Conservatory Acting for Film Program
- Two-Year Conservatory Filmmaking, fees $15,000 and equipment $2,000 per semester (AED 125,000 per year assuming 2 semesters per year)
- One-Year Filmmaking, fees $15,000 and equipment $2,000 per semester
19 September 2012
- Website link updated to www.nyfa.edu (was previously www.abudhabifilmschool.com which now forwards to www.nyfa.edu).
- NY Film School in Abu Dhabi information is located on this page - www.nyfa.edu/film-schools-location/abudhabi.php (Abu Dhabi link on NYFA home page).
01 September 2010
- Full name is the Abu Dhabi School of Film and Acting or New York Film Academy in Abu Dhabi.
- NYFA Abu Dhabi (NYFA-AD, NYFAAD) was established by the New York Film Academy (NYFA) and the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH). MOU signed in July 2007.
- NYFA Abu Dhabi also linked to the Middle East International Film Festival (MEIFF) and the Abu Dhabi Media Company (ADMC)?
- Not found on Ministry of Higher Education CAA list of accredited universities.
17 March 2008
- When asked about whether Abu Dhabi was ready to set itself up as a global film capital, bearing in mind that criticism of the government, among other things, is not allowed, the head of the new school was reported by Reuters as saying "I do think it's ready, I can certainly criticize American culture and politics because that is what I know, but I can't speak out of turn. Regardless of individual perceptions about what freedom is or should be, film has always been about communication - so when people communicate, it helps educate about our respective cultures and differences."
Last update 24 September 2012
General comments - might not apply to Abu Dhabi Film Academy
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|MBAs||Abu Dhabi MBA | Dubai MBA | UAE MBA|
|Abu Dhabi education||List of Abu Dhabi colleges | List of Abu Dhabi universities | List of Abu Dhabi schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.